Re: [irlp-embedded] Handheld List?

  • Randy Hammock
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6, 2009
      I even have instructions for using F6 as a node radio on my site. Only
      problem, the COS is NOT tempered by the CTCSS.

      On May 6, 2009, at 9:08 PM, David Cameron (IRLP) wrote:

      > Without modification, the Kenwood TH-F6 is the only radio I know that
      > has the COS output on the speaker/mic connection. That is what I use
      > test embedded nodes.
      >
      > I know the micro-node maker has used some Alinco credit card radios
      > for
      > his micro power nodes. Not sure of the mod required to pull the COS
      > from
      > that radio.

      > Jeff Davis wrote:
      >>

      >> Has anyone compiled a list of the best handhelds to be used as a node
      >> radio? I'm snooping around for a very small, low power UHF
      >> transceiver
      >> to use with my embedded node for a portable/mobile node arrangement.
      >>
      >> Thanks.
      >>
      >> Jeff, KE9V
      >> IRLP 4212

      -- This message was NOT sent by an iPhone or Blackberry
      Randy Hammock KC6HUR
      http://kc6hur.net/~rhammock/
      http://irlp.kc6hur.net/
      If there are no horses in heaven, then when I die, I want to go where
      they went.