Handheld List?

  • Jeff Davis
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6, 2009
      Has anyone compiled a list of the best handhelds to be used as a node radio? I'm snooping around for a very small, low power UHF transceiver to use with my embedded node for a portable/mobile node arrangement.

      Thanks.

      Jeff, KE9V
      IRLP 4212
      Message 2 of 3 , May 6, 2009
        Without modification, the Kenwood TH-F6 is the only radio I know that
        has the COS output on the speaker/mic connection. That is what I use to
        test embedded nodes.

        I know the micro-node maker has used some Alinco credit card radios for
        his micro power nodes. Not sure of the mod required to pull the COS from
        that radio.

        Jeff Davis wrote:

        > Has anyone compiled a list of the best handhelds to be used as a node
        > radio? I'm snooping around for a very small, low power UHF transceiver
        > to use with my embedded node for a portable/mobile node arrangement.
        >
        > Thanks.
        >
        > Jeff, KE9V
        > IRLP 4212

      • Randy Hammock
        Message 3 of 3 , May 6, 2009
          I even have instructions for using F6 as a node radio on my site. Only
          problem, the COS is NOT tempered by the CTCSS.

          On May 6, 2009, at 9:08 PM, David Cameron (IRLP) wrote:

          > Without modification, the Kenwood TH-F6 is the only radio I know that
          > has the COS output on the speaker/mic connection. That is what I use
          > test embedded nodes.
          >
          > I know the micro-node maker has used some Alinco credit card radios
          > for
          > his micro power nodes. Not sure of the mod required to pull the COS
          > from
          > that radio.

          > Jeff Davis wrote:
          >>

          >> Has anyone compiled a list of the best handhelds to be used as a node
          >> radio? I'm snooping around for a very small, low power UHF
          >> transceiver
          >> to use with my embedded node for a portable/mobile node arrangement.
          >>
          >> Thanks.
          >>
          >> Jeff, KE9V
          >> IRLP 4212

          -- This message was NOT sent by an iPhone or Blackberry
          Randy Hammock KC6HUR
          http://kc6hur.net/~rhammock/
          http://irlp.kc6hur.net/
          If there are no horses in heaven, then when I die, I want to go where
          they went.