Re: problem with cradlepoint router

  • k9dc
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2009
      --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, James Nessen <nessenj@...> wrote:

      > According to the manual, it appears that your cradlepoint is on a
      > different network than your node. You will need to login to the
      > cradlepoint and change your LAN IP to 192.168.1.1 (looks like default
      > is 192.168.0.1). Once you make that change, you will probably need to
      > add port forwarding entries and then you should be set.

      Yep, you could move the Cradlepoint too. Many different ways to solve your problem. Though if you change the router, you may have to restart your laptop for it to change to the new network. Not a big deal, just be aware when you change the network the Cradleoint is on, you will lose connectivity to your laptop until it moves to the new network.

      -Dave k9dc
    • James Nessen
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2009
        This by far is the easiest, you can move the node without having to change its IP.  I built this solution for a ham who takes his node from his house to his boat (and switches back and forth between a Linksys and a Kyocera (D-Link) KR1 router.

        Jim K6JWN

        --
        Jim Nessen K6JWN
        Email: nessenj@... | Ph: 530.979.0894