Re: problem with cradlepoint router

  • k9dc
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2009
      --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, Harold Gilbert <hgilbert42@...> wrote:

      > dave when i hook my embedded node to the cradlepoint, it dont connect to the
      > th internet, the ip adress in the node is 192.168.1.10 and it works ok on my
      > linksys router. how do i get it to work with the cradlepoint? the
      > ceadlepoint it working ok wih my sprint modem, because i am using my
      > notebook wifi from the
      > cradlepoint. need help. maybe we can talk on phone. if you will give me
      > your nuber i wilL call you.

      But if you changed the configuration of your embedded node to a fixed IP address, you will have to move it back to DHCP. I do not remember the default network used by the Cradlepoint, because just about the first thing I did was change the network it ran on. But it provides DHCP, to whatever network it is on, so if your node runs DHCP it will come up on a valid IP address. One of the nice things (for us anyway) is once an IP address is handed out by DHCP, the router remembers that assignment, even through reboots and power cycles. So there is no need to configure a static IP on the node like there is with the Linksys/Netgear/D-link boxes.

      As other folks have suggested here, you either need to set an IP consistent with whatever is used by the Cradlepoint, or set it for DHCP. You WILL need to know what address is assigned, so you can set up the port forwarding ("game") correctly.

      Dave, how do you set the embedded node up for DHCP?

      Sorry, I don't speak Ham Radio over the phone. Only on the radio.

      -Dave k9dc
    • k9dc
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2009
        --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, James Nessen <nessenj@...> wrote:

        > According to the manual, it appears that your cradlepoint is on a
        > different network than your node. You will need to login to the
        > cradlepoint and change your LAN IP to 192.168.1.1 (looks like default
        > is 192.168.0.1). Once you make that change, you will probably need to
        > add port forwarding entries and then you should be set.

        Yep, you could move the Cradlepoint too. Many different ways to solve your problem. Though if you change the router, you may have to restart your laptop for it to change to the new network. Not a big deal, just be aware when you change the network the Cradleoint is on, you will lose connectivity to your laptop until it moves to the new network.

        -Dave k9dc
      • James Nessen
        Message 3 of 8 , May 1, 2009
          This by far is the easiest, you can move the node without having to change its IP.  I built this solution for a ham who takes his node from his house to his boat (and switches back and forth between a Linksys and a Kyocera (D-Link) KR1 router.

          Jim K6JWN

          --
          Jim Nessen K6JWN
          Email: nessenj@... | Ph: 530.979.0894