NODE 3100 WILL NOT BOOT UP Needs repair

  • node3100
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 20, 2009
      Before the computer failed I had it on the bench testing the audio out to the radio. The audio was low and would not adjust up. The level was less than 1 kc of transmitter deviation. This EMBEDDED IRLP system has been in use for more than a year with good services. While on the bench the 120 vac power cycled rapidly and the computer would not reboot after this. When repowering the computer the transmitter is pulled up into transmit and stays high.
      I would like to get the EMBEDDED IRLP computer repaired but do not know where to send it.
      Paul E. Crossman
      WA6LVX
      NODE 3100
      pcic@...
      661 589-1020
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 20, 2009
        The symptoms you explain sound like either a bad power supply or a bad AC adapter.

        What options do you have on your IRLP Embedded Node? Is it in a standard case or a rack mount? Does it use the variable voltage power supply (DC Option)?

        Was there any "event" prior to the audio reduction issue that may point to the source of why the radio audio was low? Lightning, power outage, etc.

        Someone mentioned the BIOS corruption, and there may be a few tests we can do to try to revive it or determine what is wrong.

        A power supply replacement would be about $60, a motherboard replacement would be about $200. There is nothing that can really go wrong with the other parts. :)