ft-7800 radio for irlp

  • k5mes
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 14, 2009
      my first irlp node was a hp desktop computer with red hat 7. my radio was a yaesu ft-7800. i have a embedded node now using a motorola m-120 radio. i would like to use the ft-7800 radio with the embedded node and i wonder can i use the same cable that i used on the hp computer?

      k5mes-harold-node 4273
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 14, 2009
        Yes, the only difference between the cables is that the audio output is
        presented on Pin 9 of the IRLP connector, but you can also get that
        audio from the jacks on the back of the motherboard. I would NOT connect
        the LINE IN cable, but connect the LINE OUT jack. The LINE IN is handled
        inside the IRLP node.