927Re: [irlp-embedded] Is the flash optimized IRLP generally available?

  • Randy Hammock
    Dec 11, 2008
      On Dec 10, 2008, at 11:47 PM, n8vjp wrote:

      > Although I have not purchased the embedded node, I built my own using
      > a spare mini-itx board and 2GB Flash disk I had lying around. While
      > the node works fine with the CentOS install, I was hoping to find the
      > embedded version available as a self install. Running from RAM will
      > of course lengthen the life of the flash and improve overall
      > performance. Not to mention the smaller than 2gb footprint.

      When building an embedded system, the OS install is usually highly
      customized for the hardware being used, making a pre-built package
      harder to create. Dave uses Slackware Linux for his embedded nodes.

      For example, I'm running two embedded Asterisk nodes. They both boot
      from a 128MB CF and run a system with 512MB RAM. One on an Intel mini-
      ITX (running Asterisk based repeater) and the other on a Via mini-ITX
      (running Asterisk<>IRLP node). They take two completely different
      builds even though they are running the same version of Limey-Linux.

      --
      Randy Hammock KC6HUR
      http://kc6hur.net/~rhammock/