      58 16  * * 5 (home/irlp/scripts/connect_to_reflector ref9668 > /dev/null 2>&1)

      --Richard

      --Richard, N7TGB, Node 5560

      On 6/5/2014 8:30 PM, 'David Cameron - IRLP' dcameron@... [irlp-embedded] wrote:

      You need to post what you are running from the cron if you want help.

      Dave Cameron

      From: "Richard n7tgb3@... [irlp-embedded]" <irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2014 20:27:19 -0700
      Subject: [irlp-embedded] Cron jobs not running.

      I ran across a problem when I placed a few entries into custom.crons, to connect my node to a reflector at a specified time. The jobs are in crontab (crontab -l), but the cron jobs do not appear to run, and my node does not connect as it should. My entries are in the correct format.

      There was a message posted by a user with a similar problem, and a suggestion was made to run this command: "ln -sfn /home/irlp/.bash_profile /home/irlp/.profile". I tried it, and but files are there, and they are both owned by repeater (rwxrwxrwx). The cron jobs still do not work. I think this is going a little out of my depth, so I believe I need some help here.

      --
      --Richard

      --Richard, N7TGB, node 5560

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic