1885Re: [irlp-embedded] New Embedded Node: Problem with TBD

  • dj0qn
    May 26, 2014
      Thanks, Dave.

      I verified that the call, etc. is fine, that was the first thing I checked.

      Now this is strange:

      - Before my call showed as logged into the Echolink network, but calling out gave the error message and calling in a timeout.
      - When I type "tbd -ddd", all of a sudden I can call out ok to the Echotest server, but my call no longer shows as available on the network.

      I was able to repeat this behavior several times after restarting rc.irlp.

      I am stumped......

      73,
      Mitch DJ0QN
      DM0QN  IRLP 5378 Echolink 3001

      ---In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, <dcameron@...> wrote :

      You have to carefully check the tbd.conf file to make sure that the
      password and callsign are set correctly.

      You can verify by logging in as root and running the command

      tbd -ddd

      (debug mode)

      It will output what the problem is.

      Also, you have to make sure that the callsign is not is use from another
      instance of TBD or other Echolink software.

      David Cameron

      On 26/05/2014 11:16 AM, dj0qn@... [irlp-embedded] wrote:
      > I just started to setup my new generation embedded node today, but am
      > having a problem getting Echolink to work.
      >

      > I receive a "severe error 99" and the log says that TDB is not running.
      > I assumed that this was tested before shipping, so I am bit puzzled as
      > to what the problem is. I edited the three EchoIRLP files to match my
      > old system, but that shouldn't cause this type of problem. My main
      > change to the standard setting is using the # as the Echolink prefix.
      >

      > Running the troubleshooting script, it shows an error for these lines at
      > the bottom of the environment file that Dave gave me:
      >

      > if [ -x /home/EchoIRLP/custom/echo_environment ] ; then
      >
      > source /home/EchoIRLP/custom/echo_environment
      >
      > fi
      >

      > if [ -f /home/irlp/features/features.env ] ; then
      >
      > source /home/irlp/features/features.env
      >
      > fi
      >

      > I am not sure if this is the cause.
      >

      > Thanks for your help & 73,