1845Re: [irlp-embedded] Re: TROUBLESHOOT-IRLP PASSES STILL NO RETURN AUDIO

    Jan 10, 2014
      I am doing some remote troubleshooting on the system, and it was really
      "behind" in software updates for some reason. What I did was update it
      to the latest scripts, but I am still seeing the problem.

      It appears the system is in use locally now, but I want to try a reboot
      to see if I can get it to wake up.

      On 1/10/2014 11:18 AM, wh7coldduck wrote:
      > I was in error. Now that Troubleshoot-irlp is working, I am able to
      > remotely get in with putty and WinSCP so the system is allowing ssh
      > connection to the embedded node. Still no audio back.
      >
      > --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "wh7coldduck" <thecoldduck@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > We have been trying to get node 3212 running here in Hawaii behind a
      > private network which is connected to the Time Warner system here. We
      > have finally got the ISP set up with all the boxes forwarding to our box
      > such that the troubleshoot-irlp passes all tests (except 10 because we
      > have echoirlp running). I was told by Dave C. that if this occurs, the
      > node should work. I test via echolink to our node 3024 since I can
      > monitor it here in Hawaii by connecting my laptop to 3024 (echo node
      > 228807). I can connect to 3024 and transmit audio to 3024 but no audio
      > gets back to 3212. The echotest and irlp test make connection, but again
      > no audio gets back.
      >
      > Now, for security reasons, my ISP prohibits ssh cmds into his network.
      > While this will disable remote editing/control of the node, it should
      > not affect the normal operation of the node should it? Along those
      > lines, are there any other firewall rules that he might have installed
      > that would allow the TROUBLESHOOT-IRLP to pass but not allow the
      > control/audio data to work properly? The node works perfectly here on my
      > Verizon card when I switch it back to the Cradle Point router. We are
      > close now, but just not quite there.
      > >
      > > Thanks
      > >
      > > Jim WH7CD
      > > node 3212 Kona,Hawaii/3024 Bethel Island, Calif

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic