1844Re: [irlp-embedded] TROUBLESHOOT-IRLP PASSES STILL NO RETURN AUDIO

    Jan 10, 2014
      He could have a "denial of service" detection on his network that would
      cause streaming UDP packets to become blocked.

      He may also have directional rule setup such that his network will not
      accept packets until it has sent packets to that system first, on those
      ports. That should still work, but any combination of the above could
      cause problems.

      The main issue is if you do not know what is on the network, then you
      should look for another network :)

      You say "no audio back" do you mean "no key up back" or do you get a
      dead-air key up?

      On 1/10/2014 11:02 AM, wh7coldduck wrote:
      > We have been trying to get node 3212 running here in Hawaii behind a
      > private network which is connected to the Time Warner system here. We
      > have finally got the ISP set up with all the boxes forwarding to our box
      > such that the troubleshoot-irlp passes all tests (except 10 because we
      > have echoirlp running). I was told by Dave C. that if this occurs, the
      > node should work. I test via echolink to our node 3024 since I can
      > monitor it here in Hawaii by connecting my laptop to 3024 (echo node
      > 228807). I can connect to 3024 and transmit audio to 3024 but no audio
      > gets back to 3212. The echotest and irlp test make connection, but again
      > no audio gets back. Now, for security reasons, my ISP prohibits ssh cmds
      > into his network. While this will disable remote editing/control of the
      > node, it should not affect the normal operation of the node should it?
      > Along those lines, are there any other firewall rules that he might have
      > installed that would allow the TROUBLESHOOT-IRLP to pass but not allow
      > the control/audio data to work properly? The node works perfectly here
      > on my Verizon card when I switch it back to the Cradle Point router. We
      > are close now, but just not quite there.
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Jim WH7CD
      > node 3212 Kona,Hawaii/3024 Bethel Island, Calif

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic