1809Re: [irlp-embedded] Re: What is the best way to upgrade?

  • David Cameron
    Sep 29, 2013
      I am unable to support CentOS 6.x, as I was unable to get the sound reliably working. That is why we made the switch to Debian.

      There is no reason why IRLPvCON will not run under Debian. Someone who understands what the challenges are has to spend some time with apache2 to figure out the differences in configuration between Debian and CentOS to allow it to work.

      Dave Cameron

      On 29/09/2013 7:25 PM, Rick Bates wrote:

      FYI Dave,

      Irlpvcon installs and runs properly on CentOS 6.x, but I'm using a full install on an Atom with a solid state drive, not a flash drive.

      73,
      Rick wa6nhc

      Tiny iPhone 5 keypad, typos are inevitable

      On Sep 29, 2013, at 4:08 PM, David Cameron <dcameron@...> wrote:

      In order to get IRLPvCON etc to work, you will have to downgrade to an old and now unsupported operating system (CentOS 4.X) in order to use it. You will also have to purchase a larger flash drive (at least 2 gigs) to replace the current one.

      The backup_for_reinstall will not work on the embedded nodes. However, since you will have both flash drives (you can not overwrite the current one with CentOS - it is way too small) you will be able to get assiatnce copying over the PGP key from your old system to the new one.

      You will also need an IDE CDrom drive to install the operating system.

      On 29/09/2013 3:58 PM, Barrett wrote:

      Hello what we are trying to do with node 3122 is add more functions to it. We would like to get the k6ib Irlpvcon, irlpvaux installed. Now when we do a backup for reinstall the script will run fine but it will not create a backup file although it says that one is created. We have use winscp to explore the node it shows the folder and that there is something in there but we do not see a file.

      Thanks for any and all help

      KG7CHJ

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic