1765Re: [irlp-embedded] Apache 2 not owned by repeater

  • David Cameron
    Aug 5, 2013
      This is not an embedded node if it is running Debian. This question would be better asked on the IRLP Yahoogroup.

      From: "ae7i" <cmsande@...>
      Sender: irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2013 23:38:35 -0000
      To: <irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [irlp-embedded] Apache 2 not owned by repeater

      I was trying to get IRLPVcon going and it wouldn't work because it said HTTPD wasn't loaded first. I am using Debian and used the following commands:
      apt-get install apache2
      /etc/init/apache2 start

      The message received was:
      Starting web server: apache2/var/lock/apache2 already exists but is not a directory owned by repeater.
      Please fix manually. Aborting.
      failed!

      I am just learning BASH, so wasn't quite sure where to go from here. Does anyone have tips as to how I can get HTTPD working so that I can then use Vcon?

      Thanks,

      Craig, AE7I