      From: "ipscone" <ipscone@...>
      Sender: irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 16:39:48 -0000
      To: <irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [irlp-embedded] Re: Changing Node Owner Callsign

      One thing I forgot to mention is that I want to retain the node number, with my callsign, on a new IRLP computer. I want to use the same node number on a different computer, and sell the existing node hardware. I don't want the node number to go with it.

      What I want to do is to sell the existing hardware to someone else, to help fund the new computer, and make sure my node number and callsign aren't active on the hardware I'm selling. I'm assuming the buyer would have (or get) his own node number. I was just wondering how I would make the change from my node number and callsign, to his node number and callsign.

      Would that change how this is done?

      Mike
      IRLP: 4581, 7681
      EchoLink: 4581, 9281

      --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "David Cameron" <dcameron@...> wrote:

      > The callsign is set in the environment file:
      >
      > /home/irlp/custom/environment
      >
      > The location is all on the IRLP status screen. Instructions on the best ways to modify that are available on irlp.net.
      >
      > Other than that there is nothing else you need to change. Keep in mind that your node number will go along with the node.
      >
      > In IRLP, you can have as many nodes under one callsign as you want. The -L and -R limitation problem is with Echolink.

      > David Cameron - VE7LTD
      > IRLP System Designer - http://www.irlp.net

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic