1264Re: [irlp-embedded] Re: Can I mount a USB storage device.

  • KR6WP.ilrp
    Jul 13, 2010
      Dave have you considered offering the IRLP distro(s) as a bootable ISO on a USB thumbdrive type device?

      Jim G
      KR6WP

      On Jul 13, 2010, at 3:06 PM, "ve7ltd" <dcameron@...> wrote:

      Yes, you can, but you have to manually load the modules for both the USB controller and the usb-storage:

      # Loads the CF card drivers
      insmod ehci-hcd
      insmod scsi_mod
      insmod sd_mod
      insmod usb-storage
      mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/cf-card

      If it is a high speed USB device (like most are), also include ehci-hcd

      You may also have to play around with the USB settings in the BIOS.

      Dave

      --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "g8amd" <g8amd@...> wrote:

      > Is it possible to mount a USB memory stick on the current IRLP embedded controllers.
      > This would a usefull way to transfer data and provide some additional extra storage. Also can an external USB connected hard drive be mounted and formatted ?
      >
      > I have looked in /DEV and I notice there are a number of devices in /DEV/USB and further info on these would be useful, if a suitable mount point could used in such as /MNT/USB.
      >
      > Thanks

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic