Orr

  • danieljames81201
    Message 1 of 296 , Jul 2, 2001
      I am looking for information on the Orr family that is the full name it was shortenend when my grandparents move to America.
    • eileencher_2000
      Message 296 of 296 , Feb 25, 2002
        Angie,<br>Do NOT get hung up on spelling. Our
        ancestors did not have a "correct" spelling of their
        surnames. When looking for your great grandfather, try
        every possible phonetic spelling of his last name. I
        have seen legal documentation where the name is
        spelled more that one way by the same person in the same
        document. (They also had their own system of figuring ages.
        My grandmother never used the same age
        twice.)<br>Good luck.