The Knight Center for Journalism in the Americas--a MOOC (Online course) on data journalism

  • Bruce Potter at IRF
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2013
      FYI -- For the next five weeks, along with four or five thousand friends, I'm going to try to take the course described below .. . .

      Bruce

      Begin forwarded message:
      From: "Knight Center for Journalism in the Americas" <knightcenter@...>
      Subject: Online course on data journalism
      Date: August 7, 2013 5:03:19 PM EDT

      View it in your browser
      image description

      Greetings from the Knight Center at the University of Texas at Austin!

      We thought you might be interested in the Knight Center's newest course on data-driven journalism that is about to start.

      "Data-Driven Journalism: The Basics" is a free online course, taught by some of the best pros in the United States, who work for publications like the New York Times, NPR, ProPublica and The Houston Chronicle.

      Our MOOC will run from Aug. 12 to Sep. 16 and include the basic skills all journalists and people interested in journalism should know in this era of big data. The course is asynchronous, so you can take it at your convenience, and is divided into weekly modules.

      Click here to find out more, including how to register for the course: https://knightcenter.utexas. edu/node/14149/

      Please help us spread the news. The course starts on Monday.

      If you have any questions, please contact us at knightcenter@...
      .

      Hope to see you and your friends there!

      Cheers!
      The Knight Center Team

      If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, please click here: Unsubscribe.
      Knight Center for Journalism in the Americas
      School of Journalism
      The University of Texas at Austin
      Austin, TX 78712
      U.S.A.