Fwd: [Global GEF NGO] GEF Policies on Environmental and Social Safeguard Standard and Gender Mainstreaming

  • Bruce Potter at IRF
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2011
      for information --- if groups who are NOT members of the GEF-NGO Network want to make a comment, drop me a note and let's see what we can arrange.

      bruce potter <bpotter@...>

      PS -- note that the attachments may be EITHER attached to this message, OR respresented as a LINK at the bottom of this message that you have to click on, and then it will be securely downloaded from a Yahoogroups server.

      bp

       = = = = = =

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: cfp@...
      Date: August 5, 2011 5:50:49 AM GMT-04:00
      To: Maillist Recipients <bpotter@...>
      Subject: [Global GEF NGO] GEF Policies on Environmental and Social Safeguard Standard and Gender Mainstreaming

      From: cfp@...
      To: global@...

      Dear GEF NGO Network Members

      We refer to the email that was sent to you by your Regional Focal Points on the above matter.

      We wish to remind you of the deadline for sending your comments on the policies  is on the 10 Aug 2011. However, as Mr. Faizal Parish (the Network Central Focal Point) will be meeting the GEF Secretariat on the 9 Aug 2011 to discuss this matter,  it would be ideal if we can receive your comments earlier or before 9 Aug.

      Thank you in advance for your kind input.

      Warm regards

      Adelaine Tan

      Global Environment Centre

      GEF NGO Network Central Focal Point Secretariat

      www.gefngo.org

      Sent to you earlier

      Dear GEF NGO Network members,

      As you are aware, the GEF council in the recent 40th Council Meeting in May 2011 adopted the GEF Policies on Environmental and Social Safeguard Standards and Gender Mainstreaming following major amendments which incorporated almost all priority issues raised by the GEF NGO Network. The Council also agreed that time is allocated for additional comments on the paper from CSOs and that a revised version is ready for final adoption in November 2011.

      We have received the revised paper from the GEF Secretariat and circulate it here for your information and review.

      Please send your comment to the GEF NGO Network Central Focal Point, email : cfp@...  or Mr. Faizal Parish at fparish@...,  faizal.parish@... .  Your comments should reach them by 10 Aug 2011 so that it can be consolidated for submission to the GEF.

      Regards