Isidor Paiewonsky Dead at 95

  • Potter at Island Resources
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2004
      [Isidor Paiwonsky was no great patron of Island
      Resources, but his passing is certainly a
      milepost at the end of the US Virgin Islands
      carefree growth era of the mid-20th century.

      It was always fun to read Herman Wouk's comic
      novel "Don't Stop the Carnival," and try to
      figure which characteristics of characters were
      based on businessman Isidor Paiewonsky or his
      brother, politician-Governor Ralph Paiewonsky.

      Isidor's decades of history tales in the VI Daily
      News did a lot to keep alive a level of interest
      in the old days in the USVI.

      bruce potter ]

      from the VI Source http://www.onepaper.com/stthomasvi/?p=1105679625

      --
      -- -- -- -- - Island Resources Foundation -- -- -- -- --
      To reduce e-mail viruses