Re: HI

  • rawlodarczyk
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2008
      On MSDN, take a look at the System.Windows.Media.Imaging namespace.
      These are WPF classes that wrap WIC. WIC provides support for IPTC,
      XMP, Exif, etc. metadata handling.

      I have samples on my blog (blogs.msdn.com/rwlodarc) on how to work
      with the BitmapMetadata class.

      --- In iptc4xmp@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Steidl (IPTC)"
      <mdirector@...> wrote:

      > Hi Siva
      >
      > to outline your challenge:
      >
      > 1) XMP is an XML language to express any kind of metadata
      properties. Actually this is
      > RDF/XML. In other words: XMP is not limited in any way to the
      metadata properties of the
      > IPTC.
      >
      > You can find more on XMP at http://www.adobe.com/products/xmp/ as
      this technology was
      > invented by Adobe.
      >
      > On this page you can find the latest XMP Toolkit/SDK of September
      2008. This bad thing
      > about this SDK for you is that it only provides an API in C/C++ or
      Java and not in NET.

      > The only XMP NET component I know is the one from Chilkat
      >
      > http://www.chilkatsoft.com/xmp-dotnet.asp
      >
      > ... but I have to add it is not fully compatible to the latest XMP
      toolkit, see above.

      > 2) And there are two metadata schemas from the IPTC building on XMP
      >
      > - the IPTC Core 1.1
      >
      > - and the IPTC Extension 1.0, which is as the name tells a set of
      properties additional to the
      > ones in the IPTC Core.
      >
      > First go to www.iptc.org, then go to "Photo Metadata" and "IPTC
      Core & Extension"

      > From this page you can download the "IPTC Photo Metadata 2008"
      standard specification
      > document which exactly specifies how to express these properties by
      XMP.