iPodder-dev is a Public Group with 926 members.
- Public Group,
- 926 members
36lets get retarded
- Pieter OverbeekeSep 15, 2004If we want this project to get going i think it's time we should
decide about requirements. I'm gonna share my thoughts here so we
can start a discussion about this:
I think we should try to develop an application that will be
available cross-platform and that should have about the same
userexperience and look on all platforms (with all platforms i mean
linux, mac and windows), like firefox.
It should come with an installer-wizard that makes installing and
configuration easy for every user. Installing the program should not
require anything else then the os.
My thought now is that c++ could do that job, it can be used for
multiple platforms and it can handle windows (as in graphical user
interface). Any c++ programmers in da house?
After installation it should be easy to change the configuration and
- download directory for storing the downloads ;)
- rss-feeds that iPodder should scan
- file-types you want iPodder to download
- (audio)player of which you want iPodder to update the playlists
- scheduled time(s) -> when do you want iPodder to run, every hour,
every day etc
Pseudocode for iPodder functionality:
- get download dir (check if exists otherwise create if possible,
else error msg)
- get rss feeds (check if any, else errormsg)
- get filetypes (check if any, else errormsg)
- get player-info (check if player is available, else errormsg)
For every rss-feed do:
- reed channelname
- check if subdir with channelname exists in download dir
otherwise create (when not possible-> errormessage)
- check if playlist with channelname exists otherwise create one
(when not possible-> errormessage)
- for every item in rss-feed:
- check for enclosure
- if enclosure
- is it of the type we want? Y:
- did we download it earlier??? N:
- was it already in subdir of downloaddir with
- Download File and store in this subdir
- is it already in the playlist with channelname?
- add to playlist
- write things done to a log
ok, please shoot!
- Next post in topic >>