connecting

  • max
    Message 1 of 14 , May 1, 2009
      I have 2 PCs that run XP.The only time my Ipod is recognized is when it links with Itunes.Is it possible to view the contents on the Ipod? I also have a Sansaview and you can see whats on the device and add or take out files.I want to utilize my Ipod as much as possible.I purchased a corel dvd 6 program so I could load movies on to it.How do you get around the copyright protection?thanks
    • Leslie Anne Chatterton
      Message 2 of 14 , May 1, 2009
        I don't think it can be done... and it's been a real irritation to me. Nevertheless I hope someone has an answer.
        I find the same thing, except on Linux my iPod Touch is recognized (wrongly!) as a camera. However, there is no way to download or upload anything and it appears as an empty device.
        Leslie Anne

        On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 10:04 AM, max <docmax6@...> wrote:

        I have 2 PCs that run XP.The only time my Ipod is recognized is when it links with Itunes.Is it possible to view the contents on the Ipod? I also have a Sansaview and you can see whats on the device and add or take out files.I want to utilize my Ipod as much as possible.I purchased a corel dvd 6 program so I could load movies on to it.How do you get around the copyright protection?thanks

      • max puente
        Message 3 of 14 , May 1, 2009
          Thanks for your response.I have logged in so much time trying to figure this out.there has to be an expert out somewhere.keep me posted and I'll do the same thanks again

          MANUEL J. PUENTE

          Message 4 of 14 , May 1, 2009
            The iPod Touch is designed to use iTunes for sync. Another option is to Jailbreak the Touch and get network access.

            Peter M.

            Sent with my mobile device

            From: max puente
            Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 10:09:32 -0700 (PDT)
            To: <ipod_touch@yahoogroups.com>

            Message 5 of 14 , May 1, 2009
              Jailbreak. Do u use this

              From: "Peter"
              Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 17:29:29 +0000
              To: <ipod_touch@yahoogroups.com>

              From: max puente
              Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 10:09:32 -0700 (PDT)
              To: <ipod_touch@yahoogro ups.com>

              Message 6 of 14 , May 1, 2009
                Yes, my iPod Touch is open :-)

                Peter M.

                On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 1:38 PM, <docmax6@...> wrote:

                Jailbreak. Do u use this

                From: "Peter"
                Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 17:29:29 +0000

                To: <ipod_touch@yahoogroups.com>

                From: max puente
                Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 10:09:32 -0700 (PDT)
                To: <ipod_touch@yahoogroups.com>

                Message 7 of 14 , May 1, 2009
                  Did you see the response about using Jailbreak to solve our issues? Are you gonna try it?

                  MANUEL J. PUENTE

                  Message 8 of 14 , May 1, 2009
                    Yes I saw it and considered doing that when I first got my iPod Touch. When I found that there are so many apps available at a reasonable price from the App Store I decided it carried too much risk of "bricking" my iPod for too little benefit. While I don't like using iTunes to put everything on the iPod it does work.
                    As soon as the Palm Pre becomes available I'm going to get it. Seems one can copy to and from like every other PDA and MP3 player.
                    Leslie Anne

                    Message 9 of 14 , May 1, 2009
                      Good advice. I will get a Palm and my wife can use the ipod

                      Message 10 of 14 , May 3, 2009
                        how do I connect to the Inet
                      • Ron West
                        Message 11 of 14 , May 3, 2009
                          press the Safari icon.

                        • docmax6@yahoo.com
                          Message 12 of 14 , May 3, 2009
                            How are u connected. Is there a service u can pay for. I have no router to my pc ay this time. I did get a locked signal

                            From: Ron West
                            Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 17:46:22 -0400
                            To: <ipod_touch@yahoogroups.com>

                            press the Safari icon.

                            On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 5:38 PM, max <docmax6@yahoo. com> wrote:

                            > how do I connect to the Inet

                          • Leslie Anne Chatterton
                            Message 13 of 14 , May 3, 2009
                              Sometimes you can find an open hotspot in your neighbourhood but that's really stealing the signal someone else paid for. There are a few free WiFi hotspots but the only really satisfactory way is to pay for your own cable or ADSL internet connection at home and connect with a wireless router. These are available for under $20 if you look around.
                              Leslie Anne

                              From: Ron West
                              Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 17:46:22 -0400
                              To: <ipod_touch@yahoogroups.com>