My iPod Touch keeps losing the time and date.

  • Jennifer Usher
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 3 4:20 PM
      At least twice lately, I have noticed that my Touch was showing the wrong
      date and time. Like this afternoon, it was indicating that it was around 2
      a.m. on February 1st. And yesterday it showed a similar time, and said it
      was January 30.

      Does anyone have any idea what is going on? Do I need to have it serviced?

      Jennifer
    • John Spence

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 3 4:29 PM
          Yes. I thought that might be a possibility. But it is set to Cupertino, and
          I live in San Francisco. So, yes, I believe that would be correct.

          Jennifer
          > Do you have the iPod set to the correct time-zone?
          >
          > Jennifer Usher scribbled the following ,on 03-Feb-09 6:20 p.m.:
          >>
          >> At least twice lately, I have noticed that my Touch was showing the wrong
          >> date and time. Like this afternoon, it was indicating that it was
          >> around 2
          >> a.m. on February 1st. And yesterday it showed a similar time, and said it
          >> was January 30.
          >>
          >> Does anyone have any idea what is going on? Do I need to have it
          >> serviced?
          >>
          >> Jennifer

        • John Spence
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 3 4:39 PM
            Under settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Under Calendars you have a Time Zone Support. What is it set to? Under  General, there is Date and Time -> Time Zone. Two places to set timezones. Are the timezones the same?

            Jennifer Usher scribbled the following ,on 03-Feb-09 6:29 p.m.:

            Yes. I thought that might be a possibility. But it is set to Cupertino, and
            I live in San Francisco. So, yes, I believe that would be correct.

            Jennifer
            > Do you have the iPod set to the correct time-zone?
            >
            > Jennifer Usher scribbled the following ,on 03-Feb-09 6:20 p.m.:
            >>
            >> At least twice lately, I have noticed that my Touch was showing the wrong
            >> date and time. Like this afternoon, it was indicating that it was
            >> around 2
            >> a.m. on February 1st. And yesterday it showed a similar time, and said it
            >> was January 30.
            >>
            >> Does anyone have any idea what is going on? Do I need to have it
            >> serviced?
            >>
            >> Jennifer

          • Margaret O'Rourke

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 3 11:28 PM
                > Under settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Under Calendars you have a
                > Time Zone Support. What is it set to? Under General, there is Date and
                > Time -> Time Zone. Two places to set timezones. Are the timezones the
                > same?

                Yes, both are set to the same time.

                Jennifer