Keyboard for Ipod Touch 2nd Gen

  • Janice
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 15, 2012
      Does anyone know of a Bluetooth or WiFi keyboard that would work with the iPod 2nd Gen

      Janice
    • wayne mcnally
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 15, 2012
        greetings...... I think this Bluetooth keyboard that Apple makes should work. It's a great

         keyboard .  Costs about $70 but is much better than the other keyboards when I did my

         survey some time ago.

          wayne mcnally

        P.S. If you are near an Apple store you could just drop in with your Touch and check it out.

        Sent from my iPad likely at a Starbucks

        On Aug 15, 2012, at 5:58 AM, "Janice" <prayn4pce@...> wrote:

        Does anyone know of a Bluetooth or WiFi keyboard that would work with the iPod 2nd Gen

        Janice

        =
      • Charles Paradise
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 15, 2012
          My understanding is with a 2nd gen iPod Touch, the system has to be broken [not quite right word] but a special patch had to be installed in order for Bluetooth to work to a keyboard.  These 'jailbroken' 2nd gen Touch's are capable then of using a keyboard.  I have thought of doing this myself;  perhaps all of us here interested in doing this should proceed together to accomplish this?

          $20 bluetooth keyboards are available - spending $70 for genuine apple always desirable - but also possible to spend less.   Charlie

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 15, 2012
            My 2nd gen iTouch is running iOS 4.02 and is rooted (ie. "jail-broken), and I have used it with 2 different Bluetooth keyboards. After upgrading to 4.02 it did not work with the Bluetooth keyboard that I had. I got a keyboard app off of Cydia after rooting my iTouch and then the keyboard worked properly.

            Sent from my LG Optimus Smartphone
            Ciao . . . C.Joseph

            The cause of most misery
            is not from the lack of information.
            It is from the misinterpretation of the surface data
            and the decision to ignore the rest.

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 15, 2012
              My Touch's touch screen has stopped responding.  I can't even turn the Touch off to reboot it, because when I hold down the two buttons simultaneously, it presents me with a touch screen swipe to shut off, which of course I can't do.

              Is there a way to force a shutdown, without going to touch screen?
              Thanks
            • Leslie Anne Chatterton
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 15, 2012

                I presume you have already tried the little button on the top side, upper left corner.

                On 15 Aug 2012 12:28, "Charles Paradise" <BeKeeprTop@...> wrote:

                My Touch's touch screen has stopped responding.  I can't even turn the Touch off to reboot it, because when I hold down the two buttons simultaneously, it presents me with a touch screen swipe to shut off, which of course I can't do.

                Is there a way to force a shutdown, without going to touch screen?
                Thanks
              • bj
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 15, 2012
                  Keep holding longer -- it'll turn off & reboot itself, you'll see the Apple
                  logo.
                  bj

                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 15, 2012
                    I've held down both the top left button and the top left button plus the big button under the screen simultaneously for going on two minutes, all it does is go to sleep, no shut off and reboot, darn it!

                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 16, 2012
                      With my iPad & Touch I have & use the Apple BT keyboard ($45), in addition to Logitech BT Keyboard ($10) and a little TinyBT keyboard ($10) all bought on sales. Here is another currently onsale: http://goo.gl/ccFGS

                      --- In ipod_touch@yahoogroups.com, "Janice" <prayn4pce@...> wrote:

                      > Does anyone know of a Bluetooth or WiFi keyboard that would work with the iPod 2nd Gen
                      >
                      > Janice

                    • bj
                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 16, 2012
                        No Apple Logo either?
                        Sounds like need to take to Genius Bar & let them give it a try.
                        Good luck with it.
                        bj