[ipod_touch] games?

  • Gail
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 1, 2011
      Does anyone have any suggestions for game for the iPod Touch 4 64?
      I used to be a die hard Kings Quest gamer lol. That is really showing my
      age. Looking for something similar.

      Gail in SC
    • Julie
      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 1, 2011
        Nope Marty, I do not use a decision making app. That would probably confuse me. Are there really such things? Could I put it on my new iPad? It might be fun, as long as I didn't have to "obey" it.
        Julie
        --- In ipod_touch@yahoogroups.com, Marty Varon <marty_varon@...> wrote:

        > Congratulations on your quick and decisive decision.
        > You don't use a decision-making app, by any chance do you?
        > Cheers, Marty V.

      • pabitra saha
        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 1, 2011
          Sure, I would also be keen on trying out one such app if it exists.

          PKS

          Nope Marty, I do not use a decision making app. That would probably confuse me. Are there really such things? Could I put it on my new iPad? It might be fun, as long as I didn't have to "obey" it.
          Julie
          --- In ipod_touch@yahoogroups.com, Marty Varon <marty_varon@...> wrote:

          > Congratulations on your quick and decisive decision.
          > You don't use a decision-making app, by any chance do you?
          > Cheers, Marty V.

        • Marty Varon
          Message 4 of 19 , Mar 1, 2011
            I just thought of the idea of a decision making app, though there might be one out there.
            Sorry to disappoint.

            Cheers, Marty V.

            On 3/1/2011 4:31 AM, Gail wrote:

            Does anyone have any suggestions for game for the iPod Touch 4 64?
            I used to be a die hard Kings Quest gamer lol. That is really showing my
            age. Looking for something similar.

            Gail in SC

          • Sue
            Message 5 of 19 , Mar 1, 2011
              The 8GB version is pretty useless to serious iPod users. It takes hardly anything to fill it up, especially if you're into buying/renting movies and tv eps from iTunes.  Enjoy your iPad. I wish they would let iPod Touch users have The Daily! That's the only thing that makes me want to get an iPad.
            • Jerry Jankura
              Message 6 of 19 , Mar 1, 2011
                What exactly does "decision making" software do for you? How does it make a decision?

                Jerry Jankura
                So many toys.... So little time...
                Sent from my iPad

                On Mar 1, 2011, at 1:36 PM, Marty Varon <marty_varon@...> wrote:

                > I just thought of the idea of a decision making app, though there might be one out there.
                > Sorry to disappoint.
              • Transmaster
                Message 7 of 19 , Mar 1, 2011
                  There are a 89 Tarot Card, and 16 Ouija board app's in iTunes would that help?

                  Ken

                  --
                  Kenneth A. Crips, W7ITC, NRA Life member. Home of the Chew Crew,  Red Headed Irish Terrier House Ninjas, Chic', Cowboy, and Ladybug  10th degree black belts in Mouch Fue, Bed Fue, and Con Artist Fue.

                • Louise Bremner
                  Message 8 of 19 , Mar 2, 2011

                    On 1 Mar 2011, at 20:53, Jerry Jankura wrote:

                    What exactly does "decision making" software do for you? How does it make a decision?

                    I envision a beautifully detailed hi-res image of a coin (user-selectable, of course), with a button to flip it. Slo-mo graphics as it spins....

                    Jerry Jankura
                    So many toys.... So little time...
                    Sent from my iPad

                    On Mar 1, 2011, at 1:36 PM, Marty Varon <marty_varon@...> wrote:

                    > I just thought of the idea of a decision making app, though there might be one out there.
                    > Sorry to disappoint.

                  • JF
                    Message 9 of 19 , Mar 2, 2011
                      How about the Magic 8 Ball?

                      --- In ipod_touch@yahoogroups.com, Transmaster <22hornet@...> wrote:

                      > There are a 89 Tarot Card, and 16 *Ouija board app's in iTunes would that
                      > help?[?]*
                      > [?]
                      >
                      > Ken
                      >
                      > On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 1:53 PM, Jerry Jankura <toolznglue@...>wrote:
                      >

                      > > What exactly does "decision making" software do for you? How does it make a
                      > > decision?
                      > >
                      > > Jerry Jankura
                      > > So many toys.... So little time...
                      > > Sent from my iPad
                      > >
                      > > On Mar 1, 2011, at 1:36 PM, Marty Varon <marty_varon@...> wrote:
                      > >

                      > > > I just thought of the idea of a decision making app, though there might
                      > > be one out there.
                      > > > Sorry to disappoint.
                      > >

                      > --
                      > Kenneth A. Crips, W7ITC, NRA Life member. Home of the Chew Crew, Red Headed
                      > Irish Terrier House Ninjas, Chic', Cowboy, and Ladybug 10th degree black
                      > belts in Mouch Fue, Bed Fue, and Con Artist Fue.

                    • Geoff Jamieson
                      Message 10 of 19 , Mar 2, 2011
                        How ever are you going to decide whether to buy this software without
                        installing some decision making software first to help you make the
                        decision?

                        On 2/03/2011 8:18 PM, Louise Bremner wrote:

                        > On 1 Mar 2011, at 20:53, Jerry Jankura wrote:
                        >
                        >> What exactly does "decision making" software do for you? How does it
                        >> make a decision?
                        >>

                        > I envision a beautifully detailed hi-res image of a coin
                        > (user-selectable, of course), with a button to flip it. Slo-mo
                        > graphics as it spins....
                        >

                        >> Jerry Jankura
                        >> So many toys.... So little time...
                        >> Sent from my iPad
                        >>
                        >> On Mar 1, 2011, at 1:36 PM, Marty Varon <marty_varon@...
                        >> <mailto:marty_varon%40sbcglobal.net>> wrote:
                        >>

                        >> > I just thought of the idea of a decision making app, though there
                        >> might be one out there.
                        >> > Sorry to disappoint.

                      • Transmaster
                        Message 11 of 19 , Mar 2, 2011
                          There are 46 coin flip app's at iTunes

                          --

                        • BeKeeprTop@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 19 , Mar 6, 2011
                            <<How ever are you going to decide whether to buy this software without
                              installing some decision making software first to help you make the
                                decision?>>

                            All you fools, who have made fun of someone asking a perfectly earnest question about decision-making software, seem to think there's only one type of person in the world. You should know better; but let me quote from a book about NLD [non-verbal learning disorder] and AS [Asperger's Syndrome].  Many of the best geeks are one or the other.   "Often, in day-to-day life, we rely on flexibility and spontaneity to successfully interact with others,  varying our routines as needed to fit the situation.  The ability to shift thinking, to read the situation  and plan accordingly, is significantly disrupted in NLD and AS individuals.  In essence, these  children rely on a series of learned responses, they do not easily generalize from one situation to another.   They seem to carry around an ever-increasing collection of internal scripts that help them order their world  and let them know how to respond.  In some ways, it is as if they have to translate the information in the  world into a code or language they understand before they can respond with appropriate or predictable responses."
                            The software you use was written by geeks -
                            The hardware you use was designed by geeks -
                            The protocols you use to put your communications through to people all around the world
                            in a few seconds, were written by geeks . . .

                            without them, you'd still be reading your newspaper printed on paper.
                            without them, you'd have to wait for a letter to be delivered by physical mail.
                            without them, you'd have to go to the library, to research something.

                              Probably, none of you could have approached the performance level of NLD and AS individuals inside a complex technical problem.  Yet when one of them asks you a question, you think its make-fun time.  Obviously, access to technical devices has done nothing to relieve you of a unremitting mentality that everyone is like you, and any kind of person different than you, requires humor or derision in order for you to respond.

                          • Solange Keller
                            Message 13 of 19 , Mar 6, 2011

                               Well-said!!

                              Sally

                              To: ipod_touch@yahoogroups.com

                              Message 14 of 19 , Mar 6, 2011
                                As the one who posed the initial question about decision making software, I'll mention that I was interested in what kinds of software was available for iOS. I could envision a program that had the "decision maker" lay out a series of "musts" and "wants" - often called needs and druthers, assign priorities to the "wants" and then enter the capabilities for each of the possibilities. The software would then score each choice based on the criteria and provide a sorted list based on score.

                                As a retired "geek" who put cameras, computers, and motors on manufacturing equipment (and wrote the software to make them play together) to put bread and butter on the table, I've had to make these types of lists on occasion to justify methods to solve a problem to management. I'll add that, if you're attempting to provide a thorough analysis, it's not a trivial task form anything but the no-brainers. And I don't have any of the disabling issues that were mentioned in the comment.

                                Jerry Jankura
                                So many toys.... So little time...
                                Sent from my iPad