Getting Photos from my iPod to my computer

  • Julie
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2010
      Hi,
      I need to get some photos off of my iPod Touch to my Windows 7 computer. Is there an easier way to do this besides emailing them to myself? I just went through the manual and can't find another way.
      Thanks,
      Julie
    • Dave Williams
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2010
        Julie,

        I don't have my iPod touch 3G with me at the moment and can't test this
        for you. You should check chapter 4 in the iPod iOS4 user guide for the
        instructions. That chapter explains syncing. It works both ways. You
        must have a folder set up on your computer that is used for syncing
        photos. When everything is set up and you connect your iPod to your
        computer, iTunes should open and the photos should sync. The result
        should be that any photos on your iPod that are not in that folder will
        automatically transfer to that folder. I haven't observed this with
        photos, but I have been listening to audio books on my iPod. I download
        the books from the Boston or local library using Overdrive software.
        That means that the books are only in overdrive and the iPod. Later,
        when I connect the iPod to my computer and open iTunes, the books
        transfer to iTunes. I then actually have 2 copies of the books on my
        computer.

        I don't see why photos won't behave the same way as other files on your
        iPod and in iTunes. According to the manual, photos will sync the same way.

        Dave W
      • Sérgio Veludo
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 3, 2010
          I Have Picasa installed in my PC and each time I plug my touch via USB, Picasa is open and it shows all the photos in my touch. Then, you can save to your PC all the photos you want.
          Sergio