Re: RE: [ipod_touch] Digest Number 509

  • Bruce CS
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 23, 2010
      I second what she said, the only reason I got the touch.... the only reason, was because of the amount of time when I am traveling on trains, I like some entertainment.  Some bluray dvd's come with a digital copy that can only be transferred to the touch, something I look forward to the future not being the case.  I am a happy Zune user. ;)

      Bruce
      On 2010-09-23 12:10 PM, "Kriss Spencer" <shayandkriss@...> wrote:

      Uggh. Just have to say that we're on Verizon, and I just got a smartphone
      (my first) I've had an iPod Touch for years and LOVE it. I've been trying
      to wait out Apple & hoping they'd send the phone to Verizon. No luck. I'm
      a Droid user now & the apps are a joke.
      Just had to vent.
      Kriss Spencer

      From: Transmaster

      2a. Re: iPod Touch 4th Gen Cases
      From: Sandy

      3a. Unknown Error 13019 Each Time I Sync My Ipod Touch
      From: Bill M
      3b. Re: Unknown Error 13019 Each Time I Sync My Ipod Touch
      From: Transmaster
      3c. Re: Unknown Error 13019 Each Time I Sync My Ipod Touch
      From: Bill M
      3d. Re: Unknown Error 13019 Each Time I Sync My Ipod Touch
      From: Transmaster

      Messages
      1a. Re: How to download Books to my iTunes v10.0
      Posted by: "Transmaster" 22hornet@... kk7cm
      Date: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:13 am ((PDT))

      Oh I failed to read your note properly. iBooks does not reside in iTunes it
      is an app for your Touch. Your ebooks file are stored in iTunes but iBooks
      is the application that runs them on your Touch. What is really cool about
      iBooks is you can store PDF files there. Because of this you can store, and
      open regular PDF documents.There are thousands of books in the PDF format
      you can load for free. Check out Project Gutenberg which can be searched
      using Google books.

      Be sure to get the Kindle app, if you purchase books from Amazon this does
      enable the Touch to display Kindle e-Books.

      Ken

      On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 11:29 PM, Leslie Anne Chatterton <lahc2007@...

      --
      Kenneth A. Crips, W7ITC, NRA Life member. Home of the Chew Crew, Red Headed
      Irish Terrier House Ninjas, Chic', Cowboy, and Ladybug 10th degree black

      Messages in this topic (4)
      2a. Re: iPod Touch 4th Gen Cases
      Posted by: "Sandy" sandy070403@... sandy070403
      Date: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:53 am ((PDT))

      I got a cheap case from eBay until I can find something more protective -
      figured something is better than nothing. The only case I found so far is a

      Sonix from Amazon that I didn't like very much; however, I did find screen
      protectors there. Reviewers said the anti-glare protectors "softened" the
      images somewhat, so I opted for the invisible ones and ordered this morning.

      They're made by Splash.

      My Touch is supposed to come Monday or Tuesday!

      Sandy

      ________________________________
      Date: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:55 am ((PDT))

      Each time I sync my Ipod Touch, I get "Unknown Error 13019 - Ipod unable to
      sync". I delete the error message, and my Ipod continues to sync.
      Anyone know what is causing thie error?

      Messages in this topic (4)
      Date: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:46 am ((PDT))

      Try this:

      *The iPod cannot be synced. An unknown error occurred (13019).*

      To try to solve this issue, try the following steps:

      1. Open iTunes.

      2. Select the iPhone under *Devices* on the left side.

      3. Click the *Music* tab.

      4. Under the *Sync music* option, choose *Selected playlists*.

      5. Uncheck the *Voice Memos* playlist.

      6. Click *Apply*.

      Now try to sync your iPhone and see if it works. If it does, there is
      obviously a problem with your Voice Memos. Email them to yourself from the
      iPhone using the *Share* option so that you don't lose any data. You can
      then delete the Voice Memos from the iPhone and iTunes.

      Ken

      Date: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:08 am ((PDT))

      Thanks Ken, I do not have an IPhone......I have an Ipod Touch.
      I followed your suggestions, but I do not have "Voice Memos Playlist"
      checked, so this is not my problem.

      Thanks for your reply.....

      Date: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:36 pm ((PDT))

      Here is the Apple support thread about it

      http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2830

      Ken

      On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 10:08 AM, Bill M <billmiller1@...> wrote:

      > Thanks Ken, I do not have an IPhone......I have an Ipod Touch.
      > I followed your suggestions, but I do not have "Voice Memos Playlist"
      > checked, so this is not my problem.
      >
      > Thanks for your reply.....
      >
      > --- In ipod_touch@yahoogroups.com <ipod_touch%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > Transmaster <22hornet@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Try this:
      > >
      > > *The iPod cannot be synced. An unknown error occurred (13019).*
      > >
      > > To try to solve this issue, try the following steps:
      > >
      > > 1. Open iTunes.
      > >
      > > 2. Select the iPhone under *Devices* on the left side.
      > >
      > > 3. Click the *Music* tab.
      > >
      > > 4. Under the *Sync music* option, choose *Selected playlists*.
      > >
      > > 5. Uncheck the *Voice Memos* playlist.
      > >
      > > 6. Click *Apply*.
      > >
      > > Now try to sync your iPhone and see if it works. If it does, there is
      > > obviously a problem with your Voice Memos. Email them to yourself from
      > the
      > > iPhone using the *Share* option so that you don't lose any data. You can
      > > then delete the Voice Memos from the iPhone and iTunes.
      > >

      > > Ken
      > >

      > > On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 8:28 AM, Bill M <billmiller1@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > > Each time I sync my Ipod Touch, I get "Unknown Error 13019 - Ipod
      > unable to
      > > > sync". I delete the error message, and my Ipod continues to sync.
      > > > Anyone know what is causing thie error?
      > > >

      > > --
      > > Kenneth A. Crips, W7ITC, NRA Life member. Home of the Chew Crew, Red
      > Headed
      > > Irish Terrier House Ninjas, Chic', Cowboy, and Ladybug 10th degree black
      > > belts in Mouch Fue, Bed Fue, and Con Artist Fue.

      --
      Kenneth A. Crips, W7ITC, NRA Life member. Home of the Chew Crew, Red Headed
      Irish Terrier House Ninjas, Chic', Cowboy, and Ladybug 10th degree black
      belts in Mouch Fue, Bed Fue, and Con Artist Fue.

      Messages in this topic (4)

    • amazonadoc
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2010
        Hiya --

        I'm also on Verizon, and I have been waiting anxiously for them to get iPhones. But since it looks like that's never going to happen, I recently got a Palm Pre Plus. I've been a Palm user for years, so it seemed pretty natural to me.

        However, when I lost my Palm TX recently I decided to go ahead and get an iPod Touch. I think it will work well with my Pre Plus, since the phone can create a wifi hotspot (free service up to 5 GB) if I ever need to access the net using my Touch when I'm away from home. And since the data plan for the Pre Plus is only $30 as oppose to something like $70 for the iPhone on ATT, I'm saving a bunch of money too. ;-)