Ordered from Monoprice

  • Transmaster
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 2, 2010
      I just sent my first order to monoprice  This is an outfit I alerted all of you about that comes highly recommended from Leo LaPort and TWiT Radio.  They sell just about every kind of cable and Ipod whatever accessory there is at fantastic prices.  I purchased 4, 6 foot docking cables, and 2 docking port extension cables.  The former is the standard docking cable with the USB one side, the latter is a cable used to plug into a docking cradle, such as you would find in something like a Bose SoundDock or a charge/sync stand.  This cable plugs into the dock and the cable then plugs into the Touch this way I can plug my Touch in without taking it out of it's case.  The whole order was $15.76  that includes shipping and handling.  I don't have to tell you the deal this is.  I am getting 4 standard sync cables, but 6 feet long,  2 dock extension cables for less then the price ($19.00) of 1 3 foot standard sync cable from The Apple Store.  According to the reviews the cables are as good if not better then what Apple sells, we will see and I will certainly let all of you know how this goes.

      Ken.

      --
      Kenneth A. Crips, W7ITC, NRA Life member. Home of the Chew Crew,  Red Headed Irish Terrier House Ninjas, Chic', Cowboy, and Ladybug  10th degree black belts in Mouch Fue, Bed Fue, and Con Artist Fue.
    • ladyhawke.karen@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 2, 2010
        Thanks Ken. Always good to have inexpensive accessories.
        Karen

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 3, 2010
                      Ken
                      I think you will find that the A V cable will work with any Ipod with a version 2 operating system but not with OS 3.
                      Apple added a bit in their software to sense something in a genuine cable.
                      I was caught buying a similar item off of ebay.
                      Having said that I did buy a microphone earpiece compination off ebay for a fraction of apple's price.
                      Hope this helps.
                      Brian S

                      --- In ipod_touch@yahoogroups.com, Transmaster <22hornet@...> wrote:

                      > Take a look at the link below this cable does not work properly on a iPhone
                      > or an iPod Touch, the video out part doesn't work. it is for the iPod
                      > Classic Look at the price. The Apple Store charges $49.95 for this cable,
                      > Monoprice has it for $2.34.
                      >

                      > http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10831&cs_id=1083101&p_id=6229&seq=1&format=2
                      >
                      > Ken

                    • Transmaster
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 3, 2010
                        The review of this AV cable indicated there was a problem, for $2.34 cents I wouldn't be out much just to try it,  The Audio portions of this cable work just fine it is only the video cable that is an issue.  I can test this however I have a cable that is adaptable and I can plug it into a portable DVD player I have.  I wish I would have looked through Monoprice a little better they had a dirt cheap sync cable for a Sansa E260 player I have,  I have not used it since I purchased the Touch but it still is a very nice little player. Oh well I will add it to my next order.

                        Ken