Been kinda quiet...

  • Nicholas
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 12, 2008
      Anybody purchase the new touch with the 2.0 software?

      Anybody upgrade theirs fro the previous 1.1.4?
    • Peter
      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 12, 2008
        On Jul 12, 2008, at 7:54 PM, Nicholas wrote:

        > Anybody purchase the new touch with the 2.0 software?
        >
        > Anybody upgrade theirs fro the previous 1.1.4?

        I upgraded my Ipod Touch yesterday. The 2.0 Firmware is pretty cool :-)

        Peter M.
      • Deeogees5@aol.com
        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 12, 2008
          Can someone tell me what the software is for.....I just got an ipod touch and dont know all about it yet.

          Kim and the Boys

          Meisha WWPD--Gone but never forgotten (01/10/94-06/20/05)--Victim of Hemolytic Anemia
          DcMals Rebel Alliance--Zayk CGC, CDX, NA, NAJ, RE, WWPD
          U-CH Vykons Back In Black--Will CGC, CD, RN

          Visit them here: The Boys

        • Peter
          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 12, 2008

            On Jul 12, 2008, at 9:53 PM, Deeogees5@... wrote:

            Can someone tell me what the software is for.....I just got an ipod touch and dont know all about it yet.

            Kim and the Boys

            It is a new Firmware version for the iPod Touch with some new features. The most important feature is that now you can install other applications or games on the Touch.

            Peter M.

          • Robert Manalu
            Message 5 of 24 , Jul 12, 2008
              Hi All,

              I'm just updated my iPod Touch 8GB to new IPhone 2.0
              Software. The price is US$ 9.9, you must have account
              on iTunes Store and of course credit card.

              After update, my iPod become new "PDA look like",
              because we can install and uninstall software. There
              are freebies also, check the iTunes store.

              I think US$ 9,9 is worthed to a new powerfull
              software.

              Regards,

              Robert

              --- Deeogees5@... wrote:

              > Can someone tell me what the software is for.....I
              > just got an ipod touch
              > and dont know all about it yet.
              >
              > Kim and the Boys
              >
              > Meisha WWPD--Gone but never forgotten
              > (01/10/94-06/20/05)--Victim of
              > Hemolytic Anemia
              > DcMals Rebel Alliance--Zayk CGC, CDX, NA, NAJ, RE,
              > WWPD
              > U-CH Vykons Back In Black--Will CGC, CD, RN
              > Visit them here: _The Boys_
              > (http://www.freewebs.com/deeogees5/index.htm)
              >

              > **************Get the scoop on last night's hottest
              > shows and the live music
              > scene in your area - Check out TourTracker.com!

            • David Lewis
              Message 6 of 24 , Jul 13, 2008
                Just sold my itouch. It was the 32GB.I may get the iphone.

                On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 7:54 PM, Nicholas <ncoday@...> wrote:

                Anybody purchase the new touch with the 2.0 software?

                Anybody upgrade theirs fro the previous 1.1.4?

              • John Schneider
                Message 7 of 24 , Jul 13, 2008

                  Good morning,

                  WHAT A FIASCO!

                  Apple truly missed the mark on how many users were going to update the ipod touch.  Hell, they couldn’t activate the phones that were being purchased without headaches.  Seems AT&T made activation possible ONLY in the store, I would assume so that the phones couldn’t be “opened”.  The toll on the Apple servers was more than they could bear and quite often were overloaded.

                  Needless to say I was frustrated.  Every time I tried to upgrade the software (I already had the $20 update) I received a different message.  Had no luck until the next day.

                  Now that it’s all over I am satisfied with the results. Purchased a few and downloaded as many free programs as are relevant to me.  My favorites are MLB.com (GREAT for keeping track of you r favorite team and you can even watch game highlights!).  I really enjoy “Starmap” and finally have a decent solitaire game without having to jailbreak the thing. Also enjoy the “Pool” game as well.

                  Overall I feel I can now sell my Palm TX and use the Touch as a full service PDA…and then some.

                  John

                  On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 7:54 PM, Nicholas <ncoday@comcast. net> wrote:

                  Anybody purchase the new touch with the 2.0 software?

                  Anybody upgrade theirs fro the previous 1.1.4?

                • Dick-w0raa
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jul 13, 2008
                    Hi John,

                    On the games, etc that you mentioned below, are these actually downloaded to the iPod Touch or just the web site and they have to be played while linked to the internet?

                    I upgraded to the new firmware last night, and it seems to work OK.  Being able to play games on it seems to be the major addition.  Unsure of what the other new features may be.  If you know of a web site that can give me/us the details of what we get with the version 2.0 upgrade, I'd appreciate it.

                    Dick
                    Colorado Springs, CO

                    Message 9 of 24 , Jul 13, 2008

                      Dick,

                      These programs are actually downloaded to the device itself.  I hate web apps!

                      Simply sync. your ipod and, while it is connected (although I’m not sure that’s necessary) go to the iTunes store.  It has been my experience that the ipod touch programs can be found by clicking on the upper most left box (might have a picture of a monkey).

                      Message 10 of 24 , Jul 13, 2008
                        Thanks, John.  I'll check it out.

                        Message 11 of 24 , Jul 13, 2008
                          You also can download games and apps with the Touch. Just touch the "App Store" icon on your Touch.

                          Peter M.

                          Message 12 of 24 , Jul 13, 2008
                            I tried that, Peter, and it works like a charm.  The first thing I downloaded was the Air Yellow Pages.  Talk about a handy application.  You don't need to type in the name of a category, just type in the business name and it will find a location closest to where you are at when you typed it.  Or you can change locations.

                            Also downloading Texas Hold-em.  It's still downloading but the reviews are pretty goo.

                            Thanks.

                            Dick T.

                              These programs are actually downloaded to the device itself.  I hate web apps!

                              Simply sync. your ipod and, while it is connected (although I’m not sure that’s necessary) go to the iTunes store.  It has been my experience that the ipod touch programs can be found by clicking on the upper most left box (might have a picture of a monkey).

                              John

                            • Nicholas Coday
                              Message 14 of 24 , Jul 13, 2008
                                The games are actually downloaded. I purchased the texas hold'em one for my iphone and really like the graphics, lots of fun

                                Regards, Nicholas
                                ======================================

                                "All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."
                                Sir Winston Churchill

                                Message 15 of 24 , Jul 13, 2008
                                  I downloaded the 2.0 update and a couple of apps (remote is pretty cool and it is free).
                                  Here is a link with information about the 2.0 upgrade.

                                  http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/whatsnew.html

                                  Tom

                                  --- In ipod_touch@yahoogroups.com, Deeogees5@... wrote:

                                  > Can someone tell me what the software is for.....I just got an ipod touch
                                  > and dont know all about it yet.
                                  >
                                  > Kim and the Boys
                                • jan.gatto
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Jul 13, 2008
                                    Can anyone tell me how to delete icons from the main screen? I
                                    downloaded a couple of free aps and want to get rid of them now. :D

                                    Thanks much.

                                    Jan
                                  • Peter
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Jul 13, 2008
                                      You have to use iTunes for that.

                                      Peter M.

                                      Sent from my iPod Touch

                                      On Jul 13, 2008, at 10:10 PM, "jan.gatto" <jan.gatto@...> wrote:

                                      > Can anyone tell me how to delete icons from the main screen? I
                                      > downloaded a couple of free aps and want to get rid of them now. :D
                                      >
                                      > Thanks much.
                                      >
                                      > Jan

                                    • John Schneider
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Jul 14, 2008

                                        DUH….thanks Pete. Leave it to me to make it more complicated than it needs to be!

                                        Now I have a question for the group; I have, quite by accident, discovered the easy “sweep” delete of email message while looking at the list view.  I would like to know if anyone has discovered a way to do a “bulk” delete, i.e. tagging a bunch of old messages at once and then clicking on a delete icon?

                                        Additionally, has anyone discovered if it’s possible to create different email storage folders?  I find it amazing that the only ones available are Inbox, Sent and Trash!

                                        Thanks,

                                        John

                                        ============ ========= ========= ========

                                        http://www.ncoday. com

                                        Message 19 of 24 , Jul 14, 2008

                                          Actually, if you press and hold any of the icons you’ll see them start to “wiggle”. You should also see a red “X” in the upper left corner of the icon.  Touch the “X” , confirm the delete and the icon will be deleted.  Press the home button and you’re good to go.

                                          John

                                          Message 20 of 24 , Jul 14, 2008
                                            Okay, so if I upgrade to the new firmware, I've got to delete all of my free apps??

                                            Message 21 of 24 , Jul 14, 2008

                                              No…unless by “free” you mean apps that you’ve loaded after a jailbreak.

                                              In that case, I do not know what will happen after the upgrade. I suspect that the firmware upgrade might in fact delete anything not originally “authorized” to be on the ipod.  In any case I would be interested to know how you make out.

                                              John

                                              Message 22 of 24 , Jul 14, 2008
                                                Okay, well I'll try it out, but it might take awhile because I still haven't downloaded the new iTunes.

                                                Message 23 of 24 , Jul 14, 2008
                                                  Thanks much John.

                                                  Jan

                                                  Message 24 of 24 , Jul 14, 2008