Elections In Iraq

  • BPAC Peace
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2009

      Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 18:56:42 -0500
      From: ben@...
      To: BPACpeace@...
      Subject: Elections In Iraq....To What End?

      Direct Aid Iraq | Invest in Peace

      DonateNow

      Further Info
      About Direct Aid Iraq

      Contact
      Categories
      Case Profile

      Media Highlights

      Out-of-Country Care

      Poems

      Project Updates

      Urgent Appeals

      Action
      Donate

      Share DAI's Work

      Subscribe for Updates

      Elections in Iraq...To What End?

      DAI's Middle East Project Coordinator in Amman is Najlaa Al-Nashi, who in this interesting and informative piece offers the insights of herself and other Iraqis on today's elections in Iraq.

      This morning starting at 7:00 a.m. in Iraq, Provincial election centers across Iraq opened their doors to fifteen million voters. No movement was permitted between governorates. Airports and national borders were closed, too.

      Here are some reflections, collected in the run-up to the election by one Iraqi, speaking and thinking with other Iraqis. Below, I'd like to share a few different aspects of the election process: facts, stories, background, and views of several Iraqis, including my own.
      Click here to continue reading Najlaa's comments on today's elections in Iraq and here for updated reports of problems that have surfaced in some governorates.