Indy Artists' Peace Project - Info on our next 2 events! (September/October)

  • Jeff Matheus
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2008
      Hello all! Here is the Indy Artists' Peace Project's next two events....

      IAPP ROUNDTABLE: "REDUCING GUN VIOLENCE"
      MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 7:00-8:30 PM.
      @ NORA BRANCH LIBRARY
      (8625 Guilford Ave., Indianapolis)
      An interactive Roundtable discussion of the Gun Violence epidemic in America, and what can be done to reduce it. Panelists will include
      Steve Dunlop (Director, Hoosiers Concerned About Gun Violence), Heather McCabe (Director, Public Health Law Program), Dick Hamilton
      (Board Member, Indianapolis Peace Institute), and more. Free admission. Bring your questions and ask our panelists!

      "PEACE COFFEEHOUSE 3"
      A FUNDRAISER TO BENEFIT THE INDY ARTISTS' PEACE PROJECT
      SATURDAY, OCTOBER 4, 6:00-8:00 PM
      @ FIRST MENNONITE CHURCH, INDIANAPOLIS
      (4601 Knollton Road, Indianapolis)
      A special fundraising show to benefit the IAPP, with music, poetry, drama, food & fellowship! Very Special Guests will be THE GRIOT
      DRUMMERS (music/storytelling), and from IUPUI, the A.C.T OUT ENSEMBLE (interactive drama). Other featured artists include THOMAS
      FLOYD (singer/songwriter, acoustic rock), SAM CARPENTER (folk singer/guitarist), and more. Hosted by JEFF MATHEUS (poet/writer). Free
      Admission for all. Freewill Donations will be accepted to benefit the work of the Indy Artists' Peace Project. Free coffee, tea, and snacks.
      Nursery care provided.

      That's all for now. For more info on either event, please contact me,

      JEFF MATHEUS
      co-founder,
      Indy Artists' Peace Project
      e-mail: jeffmatheus@...