FW: EMERGENCY MEETING of the Bloomington Assembly Against Interstate 69, Thursday March 20th at 7pm

  • greg buck
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2008
      just forwarding. i am not a contact for this.

      Greg Buck
      Director
      Campaign for Sustainable Economics
      Indianapolis, IN USA
      www.sustainableeconomics.org

      Symposium on Economics and Sustainability
      Sat. Sept. 15, 2007 - 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
      Advertised in the Sept. Branches Magazine
      No fee, unless you have the low cost lunch or set up a booth.
      Holliday Park’s Nature Center
      6363 Spring Mill Road,
      Indianapolis
      Details, map and ride sharing: http://www.rideshare.us/ Enter lookup code 123.

      Please endorse this Position on Economic Growth www.steadystate.org/PositiononEG.html

      To: inforestnews@yahoogroups.com
      From: roadblockef@...
      Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 11:37:14 -0700
      Subject: [inforestnews] EMERGENCY MEETING of the Bloomington Assembly Against Interstate 69, Thursday March 20th at 7pm

      please distribute widely!

      EMERGENCY MEETING

      bloomington assembly against interstate 69

      thursday march 20th at 7pm in the monroe county public library

      After decades of waiting, crews are finally breaking ground on the I-69 extension. Some of the first bulldozers began knocking down trees last tuesday afternoon, and houses are slated for imminent demolition. The project will dmolish more than 400 hoosier homes and thousands of acres of wilderness, wetlands, and family farms. Although work has begun, many of those residents losing their homes and land are still fighting back!

      Our community needs to get organized NOW if we want to stop this road. Join us to brainstorm ideas and organize resistance.

      Absolutely everyone is welcome. Please come: the time is NOW to stand up against this project!!

      stopi69.wordpress. com   i69listeningproject @...