Saturday, March 1st - Vigil Celebration - Madison

  • Rosenthal Family
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2008

      Hello,

      Thought you would like to see what they are doing in Wisconsin. Sheila

      IMAGINE PEACE

      The Wisconsin Network for Peace and Justice

      Honors and Celebrates All Those Who Vigil for Peace

      March 1, 2008

      4:30 PM – 8:00 PM

      Pres House

      731 State Street

      Madison

      Come early and VIGIL with your signs on UW-Library Mall  - at 3:30 pm.

      Look for Steve Books and the wood peace symbol.

      Plus, a special presentation of the Hiroshima Nagasaki A-bomb Exhibition –

      Pres House doors open before the event at 3:45 pm – for public viewing**

      http://www.pcf.city.hiroshima.jp/peacesite/English/Stage3/3-7/3-7-1E.html  Contact: Lee Brown at Leebrown407@...

      We believe that it is through the power of vigiling that we can turn the hearts and minds of our neighbors to actively promoting the works of peace and justice.  Vigils can be an important source of inspiration and information to empower ourselves and others to do the hard work necessary to make this a better world in which to live—for all people.  Vigiling allows us to be alert, to be in constant vigilance of what is happening all around us and to take action.

      Please join us for light appetizers. followed by a potluck supper (bring a dessert or salad), video,  and music with Judith Williams, Peter Leidy, Baba Ghanooj and the Raging Grannies.  LeAnne Clausen, UCC Seminarian in Chicago, School of America resister and Christian Peace Team delegate to Iraq will share her experiences

      And we’ll hear from Peace Vigilers, too, traveling from Hayward, Chippewa Falls, Janesville, and Waupaca.

      JOIN US as we celebrate the work of the 39! Wisconsin Vigils for Peace associated with the Wisconsin Network for Peace and Justice.   (Program attached - Suggested donation of $10/at the door)

      Questions?  Contact: mbspeace1@... .

      To find a Vigil near you, see www.wnpj.org .

      Judy Miner, Office Coordinator

      Wisconsin Network for Peace and Justice