Stop Iran war preparations

  • Timothy Baer
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2007
      Friends,

      The Times of London reports that President Bush has asked for emergency
      funding to equip the B2 bomber to carry the 30,000 lb. Big Blu bunker
      busting bomb. As weapons expert John Pike comments, "this request has Iran
      written on it."
      http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article2753953.ece

      We simply must take this danger seriously. "Oh, they won't really do
      it" is wishful thinking, and it enables Bush and Cheney to bring us to the
      brink, at which point, whatever they now intend, they may feel they must go
      "forward" to preserve U.S. "credibility."

      Please call our Senators and your Representative (Baron Hill if you are in
      the 9th District) and ask them to withhold funds to equip the B2 with Big
      Blu. Also, they should cosponsor legislation to bar the president for
      attacking Iran without specific Congressional authorization (S. 759, H.R. 3119).
      http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?tab=summary&bill=h110-3119
      http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c110:S.759:

      Please see the briefing by Friends Committee on National Legislation.
      http://capwiz.com/fconl/issues/alert/?alertid=10478416&type=CO

      Senator Richard Lugar (202) 224-4814
      Senator Evan Bayh (202) 224-5623
      Congressman Baron Hill (202) 225-5315; Bloomington office (812) 336-3000
      Capitol switchboard toll free (866) 340-9281

      Thanks and peace,

      David

      David Keppel
      1308 North Maple Street