Symposium on Economics and Sustainability 9.15.07

  • greg buck
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2007
      Friends,

      We might also have as a panelist US Representative Julia Carson or someone else from her office.

      No promises yet, but I aim to ask an Indy Parks coordinator at the venue (Holliday Park) engage volunteers. This might be particulalry suitable for attendees who need a break and for children.

      Please attend and promote this event.

      Greg
      ------------------------------ ------------------------------ ---Symposium on Economics and Sustainability

      Saturday September 15, 2007
      9:30 AM – 4:30 PM
      Holliday Park's Nature Center
      6363 Spring Mill Road, Indianapolis

      Topics:
      -     "Indiana's Contribution to Global Warming" by John Blair

      -     Peak Oil with David Pilbrow

      -     Local food security with Michael Simmons

      -     Panel discussion, moderated by Keni Washington, of politicians, including

      o       Steve Bonney (independent candidate for governor of Indiana),

      o       Jack Miller (advocate for campaign finance reform with Indiana Alliance for Democracy) and

      o       Karl Hardy (Green Party candidate for South Bend Common Council).

      -  Socially Responsible Investing with Bill Stant of L. B. Stant and Associates, LLC – licensed to sell securities in Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, Michigan, Maine, Washington State, California.

      -     Natural capital and rethinking economics.

      -     The future of Campaign for Sustainable Economics.

      Perks: trails, nature exhibit, and library.

      Admission: no charge. Low priced lunch. Booth space: $10.
      Please register by September 12.

      Volunteers and donations are encouraged. Volunteers needed to make signs, set up, take down, work AV equipment, and loan and operate video recording equipment.

      Politicians and Candidates: Join our panel while there are still vacancies.

      Only use the parking lot for parking. Please do not eat in the auditorium.

      Updates, map and ridesharing: http://www.rideshare.us/   Enter lookup code 123.

      Campaign for Sustainable Economics
      317-917-1638

      ------------------------------

      By the way, consider joing the Simple Living Group of Indianapolis. Details of our next meeting:

      Thurs. 9/20 - 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Simple Living Group of Indianapolis's quarterly meeting, jointly with The Indy Sustainable Food Alliance. The focus will be a shared
      discussion on eating well, but simply and inexpensively. North United Methodist Church, 3808 N. Meridian St. ecothinker@... or 317-917-1638.

      Keep up on simple living events by joining: Simple_Living_Indianapolis @yahoogroups.com .

      --
      Greg Buck
      Director

      Symposium on Economics and Sustainability
      Sat. Sept. 15, 2007 - 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
      Advertised in the Sept. Branches Magazine
      No fee, unless you have the low cost lunch or set up a booth.
      Details, map and ride sharing: http://www.rideshare.us/ Enter lookup code 123.

      Please endorse this Position on Economic Growth www.steadystate.org/PositiononEG.html