PBS this weekend: The Toxic Politics of Science on 'Moyers & Company'

  • Rick Kissell
    Message 1 of 1 , May 17 2:38 PM

      Moyers & Company Newsletter – May 17, 2013

      Now on Moyers & Company

        The Toxic Politics of Science

      When industries release untested chemicals into our environment — putting profits before public health — we pay the price. This week, Bill talks with David Rosner and Gerald Markowitz, public health historians who’ve been taking on the chemical industry for decades — writing about the hazards of industrial pollution and the neglect of worker safety — despite industry efforts to undermine them.

      Bill is then joined by the heads of two independent government watchdog groups: Sheila Krumholz, executive director of the Center for Responsive Politics and OpenSecrets.org, and Danielle Brian, who runs POGO, the Project on Government Oversight. They talk to Bill about their efforts to scrutinize who’s giving money, who’s receiving it and, most importantly, what’s expected in return.

      WATCH NOW

      Don't Miss...
      Grid Map How to Avoid Toxic Chemicals
      Here are a few simple steps you can take to limit your exposure to known toxins like lead, flame retardants and BPA.
        Smart Chart: Poverty and Inequality in Some of the World's Richest Countries
      The United States has one of the highest rates of inequality — topped only by three countries — in a select group of developed market economies.
        Take Action: Put Sensible Limits on Chemicals
      Find out how you can get involved and encourage Congress to put common sense limits on dangerous chemicals.

      MOYERS MOMENT
      Toxins in Our Blood
      In this clip from the 2001 documentary Trade Secrets Bill gets his own blood tested to find out just how pervasive industrial chemicals are.

      MORE

      Image Credit: Peter Krogh © 2012 Moyers Media. All rights reserved.
      MOYERS & COMPANYfacebooktwitterTV Schedule
      Forward email

      BillMoyers.com | Thirteen | 825 Eighth Avenue | New York | NY | 10019