antiwar, pro-labor

  • Dave Lambert
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2013
      Prior to our scheduled demonstration at BAE, I received emails from a union worker and head of the local labor council that
      our actions may be misconstrued because BAE and other defense inductry companies hold union contracts.
      I assured them that our actions were not against the workers, rather against the companies' manufacture of drones,
      and that we were going ahead with the demonstrations.

      I also referred them to an interesting article, http://articles.latimes.com/1987-12-11/news/vw-18918_1_defense-plant , one of the few I have seen on the conflict between workers' conscience and job security. There may be others, more recent, I'm sure.
      I welcome any feedback.
      Dave