Fw: Anti-drone protest at BAE Taylor St.

  • Dave Lambert
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2013

      (Folks in Indy, Lafayette, or Bloomington may wish to do a similar protest at Raytheon, or some other facility that manufactures drone parts)

      Dear anti-drone activists,

      We will hold a protest at the gate of BAE Systems (formerly GE) on Taylor Street at Noon on Thursday, April 4.
      Reason: BAE is one of the larger companies that produce parts fo Predator and Reaper drones, the same one that
      have been killing innocent women, men and children in Pakistan, and other places.

      In addition to producing a range of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) for war zones, it now is adapting the military-style planes for a consortium of government agencies (police departments, FBI. homeland security, etc) so they will be able to keep an eye on us from above.
      (We are working on getting a City ordinance passed to ban drones over the city, but we will defer action on that until a later time.)

      WHERE:  BAE, 2000 Taylor Street Fort Wayne, IN, 46802 (Picture below)
      WHEN:    Thursday, April 4, 2013 at Noon.
      WHAT:    Protest the BAE's manufacture of drone parts and systems.

      We will have a few signs, but you're encouraged to bring some too, such as:
      "BAE PROFITS FROM DEATH MACHINES"
      "STOP THE DRONES"
      "MAKE PEACE, NOT DRONES"

      There is parking on Taylor Street, as well as Electric Street, a short street running South off of Taylor, across from the BAE gates.

      Here is a street view of the protest at BAE 2000 Taylor St. Fort Wayne, IN

      Email me if you have any questions.

      Peace, and no drones,
      Dave Lambert