Re: [ipjn] April Days of Action -Correct speaking time for Robert Naiman

  • Cathy McGuire
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 12, 2013
      The correct speaking time for Robert Naiman is 12:30 p.m.  This is a half hour earlier than I told you before.  Title of his talk is: From Pakistan to Terre Haute: We can do something about drone policy."

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 12, 2013
        Is Robert Naiman also speaking in Indianapolis this month or in April?

        Someone mentioned to me a month ago that Mr. Naiman was going to speak in Indianapolis. But, I've not seen any announcements.

        Peace and blessings,
        Timothy Baer

        To: ipjn@yahoogroups.com
        From: stopwaroniraq@...
        Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 17:20:44 -0700
        Subject: Re: [ipjn] April Days of Action -Correct speaking time for Robert Naiman

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 13, 2013
          Robert Naiman will be speaking in Terre Haute as part of Ind. State's annual Human rights Day conference.  His title is "From Pakistan to Terre Haute: What we can do to change drone strike policy."  He will speak at 12:30 p.m. in Dede 3 in the Hulman Memorial Student Union where all of the conference sessions will be.  The all day conference is free and open to everyone.  Robert will be coming in the night before to attend the banquet that the Sisters of Providence do each year for all of the presenters.

          Human Rights Day begins at 8 a.m.
          This year's conference theme is women's rights.

           Other workshops of interest (and this is not everything) will be a film at 8 a.m. about rape in the military; 9:30 keynote is about sex trafficking; There will be a morning program at 11 a.m. about unionizing domestic workers by Unite in Indianapolis and an afternoon program about feminist Christians who are working with Unite to unionize domestic workers; my Readers Theatre, "Tell Jake to Sleep on the Porch," about the legalization of birth control in U.S. led by Planned Parenthood founder, Margaret Sanger is at 11 a.m. ; Jim and Tomi Allison will speak about amending the constitution to override Citizens United.  I've asked that their speaking time be changed so I can attend as it is currently scheduled for the same time Robert will be speaking.

          If you have any other questions, I  will be happy to answer them.

          To: ipjn@yahoogroups.com From: stopwaroniraq@... Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 17:20:44 -0700 Subject: Re: [ipjn] April Days of Action -Correct speaking time for Robert Naiman

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 29, 2013
            Good idea about Battle Creek action Dave.  Do we have any peace activists in Michigan that will join with us?  From Indy, it would be a one day of travel for those that plan to join with you in this drone protest.  Any other interest from Central Indiana?  Will JoAnne be driving up to the protest?

            Carl

            On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 5:45 PM, Dave Lambert <dl2001@...> wrote:

            Please join me and other Anti-drones activists nationwide during the month of April (April Days of Action) over Obama's 'kill' policy. You can read about it in The Guardian (UK) http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/mar/27/anti-drone-activists-protest-obama

            As part of April Days of Action*, we are organizing demonstrations in Fort Wayne at BAE Systems (former GE Supercharger plant on Taylor), ITT, and Raytheon, all of whom are associated with manufacturing parts for drones. These will occur on April 2,3 and 4.
            If you'd like to be a part of these, reply to this email and let me know and I will send you details

            We are also organizing a demonstration at the Battle Creek National Guard on April 24.
            Why Battle Creek?  Because it has just been announced that it will house a drone command center, out of which drones will be piloted (by remote control). These are the Reaper and/or Predator drones which have sent Hellfire missiles into wedding parties, homes, funerals, and other places in Pakistan, killing hundreds of innocent civilians.

            If you want to go to Battle Creek, please reply to this email, and we'll help arrange transportation. We'll be leaving around 7am on Wed, and should return around 3pm.

            Dave

            *April Days of Action are taking place all over the country. Won't you be a part of it too?

          • Dave Lambert
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 29, 2013
              Cliff and other folks from North Manchester will be going, as well as folks from the Kalamazoo Peace Center, who also will meet us there.
              JoAnne is planning to come, and would love having company from Indy.
              Just finished this video, "April Days of Action," for your viewing enjoyment and dissemination.

              dave