Fwd: Your data

  • Clark Field
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20, 2013

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Sam Adler-Bell <info@...>
      Date: Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 1:36 PM
      Subject: re: Your data
      To: Clark Field <fieldandserr@...>

      Clark,

      In less than 24 hours more than 60,000 of us have told Congress to respect our privacy rights and kill CISPA 2.0.

      Congressmembers are pushing this bill hard. We need to push back -- and fast.

      Will you use these links or forward the email below to ask your friends to join the fight?

      [fb]If you're already on Facebookclick here to share with your friends.
      [fb]If you're already on Twitter, click here to tweet about the campaign: Tweet

      ---

      CISPA is back.

      Remember when we defeated the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA) last year? Well, it's back with a vengeance. The leading Republican and Democrat on the U.S. House Intelligence subcommittee re-introduced the cybersnooping bill this week.

      To refresh your memory, Demand Progress co-founder Aaron Swartz called CISPA 1.0 a Patriot Act for the Internet. But now they've rebooted the effort, and Rolling Stone says that with CISPA 2.0, "Congress is trying to kill Internet privacy again."

      The bill gives companies like Verizon and AT&T protection from customers' lawsuits when they give the Feds information about your Internet use.

      Amazingly, Congress and big businesses are claiming they need to violate our privacy to protect us from Iranian and Chinese hackers, but they refuse to put any basic privacy protections in writing.

      CISPA sponsor Rep. Dutch Ruppersberger even said at a hearing this week that he didn't see any reason why businesses needed to hide your personal data from the government.

      Already over 200,000 Demand Progress members have contacted Congress to oppose this bill, but we need your help again.

      Help us defend Internet privacy from the latest assault by Congress and big business.

      Please urge your friends to take action by forwarding this email or using these links:

      [fb]If you're already on Facebookclick here to share with your friends.
      [fb]If you're already on Twitter, click here to tweet about the campaign: Tweet

      Thanks,

      -Demand Progress

      Paid for by Demand Progress (DemandProgress.org) and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. Contributions are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes.

      One last thing -- Demand Progress's small, dedicated, under-paid staff relies on the generosity of members like you to support our work. Will you click here to chip in $5 or $10? Or you can become a Demand Progress monthly sustainer by clicking here. Thank you!

      You can unsubscribe from this mailing list at any time.

      Read a good novel lately?  check out my web: www.clarkgabrielfield.com
      order only from: fieldandserr@...