Nonviolent Revolution begins NOW!

  • carl R
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 30, 2012
    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    From: JoAnne Lingle <jalingle@...>
    Date: Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 1:09 PM
    Subject: Re: check this out
    To: Timothy King <timothy_a_king@...>, carlrisingmoore@...

    YES!!  I say we need to stand up and be counted.  They've taken away everything so "what the hell are we afraid of?"

    Obama signed on to the NDAA (after he promised to veto it) and said "I have the power to detain Americans, but I won't."  Didn't he just lie to us when he signed it????

      From: JoAnne Lingle <jalingle@...>
      Date: Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 1:09 PM
      To: Timothy King <timothy_a_king@...>, carlrisingmoore@...

      Message 3 of 6 , Sep 3, 2012
        Dear Clark and Carl,
        Numerous national groups continue to stand up, act, and organize. CodePINK, VFP, UFPJ, AFSC, FCNL, Peace Action, and NCNR are just a few of the organiztions that continue the struggle.

        I hear your frustration brothers.

        I've not thought of Occupy as a "national group." Isn't it more of an international movement with localized affiliations. Effective? What does it mean for Occupy to be effective? How does one measure that any group is effective or ineffective?

        I found the video "Revolution 2012: It's Time To Rise" disturbing and frankly, pro-military.

        How many have read the comments below the video.

        One person calling himself Truth Teller states,
        "I have lost respect for today's youth who go around occupying places to do peaceful protests while calling their cowardly actions "revolution." Any real chance in the US will not come about by doing peaceful demostrations or occupying public places. This country was created on the basis of extremely cruel violence and it is that way the ONLY way it can be changed. Learn from the actions of Che Guevara!"

        Other comments are similar. One person calls for a military take-over of the government.

        The problem with advocating for revolution is that "let(ting) your heart and mind guide your beautiful, unique, and powerful self-expressions"
        sadly sometimes turns into "righteous" bloodletting.

        Do people on this listserv really believe that a true revolution in this country (with its massive personal arsenal and lionization of all things military) will remain non-violent. The American Revolution was certainly not non-violent. The American Revolution is what is glowingly referenced by the writer Carl Herman with his accompanying piece to the video.

        Peace and blessings,
        Timothy Baer

        To: ipjn@yahoogroups.com
        CC: hfpj@yahoogroups.com

          To: ipjn@yahoogroups.com
          CC: hfpj@yahoogroups.com

          Message 5 of 6 , Sep 3, 2012
            I had to spend about one hour to find the comment about following Che'.  Finally I found it in the comment section below the video, "Revolution 2012".  There was a great deal of anger expressed in the video, most of it stating the obvious and expanding tyranny that we experience day to day as we loose more civil and human rights and we continue to wage war against sovereign nations.

            We must guard against those that would push us into violent resistance.  The FBI had planted agents within our ranks in the anti war movement during the Vietnam war.  One could usually spot them because they were the ones that called for violence and smash the state.  This goes on today.  The Black Block is infiltrated with government agents that do the same thing today.  These people create sting operations, offering weapons and explosives and then arresting those that were caught up in their net.  That is front page news everywhere, while our nonviolent protests are ignored.  The national security state needs to constantly create fear in the minds of our citizens to keep them at home while a few of us are in the streets protesting.

            Carl Herman stated at the end of his article;  "As always for today, we ask for peaceful lawful response.....".  It was comments after this that jumped on the violent revolution comments.

            Revolution 2012 would have been a better production if they had included some comments by Col Ann Wright, Cathy Kelly, JoAnne Lingle or others that are tireless nonviolent revolutionaries.  But certainly we need to become nonviolent revolutionaries if we expect to end this global and domestic tyranny of Uncle Sam.

            We still have the 1st Amendment... for now... and even that is being eroded day by day under "national security situations" that can be imposed without warning anywhere and anytime.

            We must remain vigilant and steadfast in our nonviolent efforts.  The "Project Northwood" that was referred to in the video is important for every American to better understand.  The National Security Agency was developing plans to attack and kill American citizens by those that were trained to kill while believing they were doing this on behalf of the Cuban government.  After they were caught and tortured, they would say they were a part of the Cuban revolution and this would create such anger in the American people the Pentagon would be in the position to overthrow the Cuban Government.  That was just one example among many to include using drone aircraft, attacks against Guantanamo, etc.

            When I read about the declassified account of Project Northwood, I realized that I could never again trust the American government in their psychological operations that are aimed at the American people.

            For the last few months, a few of us in Indy have been displaying our drone at various locations and engaging the public in discussion and handing out flyers why we think that US militarism and drone warfare is illegal, immoral and wrong.  Except for ongoing peace actions in Bloomington, Ft. Wayne and elsewhere, our movement has almost come to a standstill.   That in itself is dangerous, because when we nonviolent activist give up the fight, we will be sending a message to the angry concerned Americans that peaceful revolution is not possible and we will hear the message that revolution will only come out of the barrel of a gun.  If that were to happen, Uncle Sam will lock down the streets with martial law and we will experience a repeat of what happened in Germany, (much of that is already happening).

            I know Adam Kokish and many other veterans from IVAW and Veterans for Peace that will never recover from the anger that they experienced from being lied to by their government and killed innocent people because they were ordered to do that.  Even the most angry of them that I speak to understand that violence will only lock our movement down.  I ask for all of you to listen to the video and understand the anger and for us to also be angry about what has happened to our country.  Then, we must stand up, and transform that anger into peaceful and loving resistance, take up our signs and once again rejoin the nonviolent revolution before it is too late.  These innocent drone attack victims are waiting for us to stop the killing.

            Your Brother in Peace and Justice,

            Carl

            As most of you know, I am a committed non-violent activist.  As Gandhi said, an eye for an eye and the entire world will be blind.  It is only through loving empathy for the oppressed and the oppressors that we will exit from this endless cycle of death and destruction.

            On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 6:32 PM, Dave Lambert <dl2001@...> wrote:

            Well put, Tim

            dave

            To: ipjn@yahoogroups.com
            CC: hfpj@yahoogroups.com

            Message 6 of 6 , Sep 3, 2012
              Good Evening,

              No, all the groups you mention are doing great work--I have worked with several of them.  However, I don't see most of them standing up and being arrested as does Occupy throughout this country.

              I too, of course, am fully committed to non-violence and would not consider any other way.

              If you have not already read it, I fully recommend Chris Hedges' latest book:  "Days of Destruction, Days of Revolt."

              Shalom,

              Clark