Fw: Zunes articles #117: Opposing intervention in Syria

  • JoAnne Lingle
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2012

      -----Forwarded Message-----
      From: J Stephen Zunes
      Sent: Apr 5, 2012 12:59 AM
      To: J Stephen Zunes
      Subject: Zunes articles #117: Opposing intervention in Syria

      Though my sympathies are very strongly with the pro-democracy forces in Syria, this article explains why I believe that foreign military intervention in support of the popular uprising would be a very bad idea:

      http://www.huffingtonpost.com/stephen-zunes/military-intervention-in-syria_b_1392673.html

      And here are links to other recent articles of mine about Syria:

      http://www.fpif.org/articles/syrian_repression_the_chinese-russian_veto_and_us_hypocrisy

      http://ncronline.org/news/global/unarmed-resistance-still-syrias-best-hope

      You can find additional articles of mine at:  www.stephenzunes.org

      Finally, I will be giving a series of public talks over the next few weeks in San Jose, California; Portland, Oregon; Alameda, California; and Santa Barbara, California.  My speaking schedule can be found at:  http://stephenzunes.org/lectures-appearances/upcoming-appearances/

      Please feel free to forward this to others who might be interested and invite them to contact me about being on my email list.  Also, please let me know if you do NOT want to be on my email list.

      Stephen Zunes

      Professor of Politics and Chair of Middle Eastern Studies

      University of San Francisco

      2130 Fulton Street

      San Francisco, CA  94117

      USA