Pepe on NATO/GCC Syria powder keg

  • carl R
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2012
    I understand that there are about 99 people signed up on the ipjn yahoogroup.  My hope is that some of this information about the build up to war against Syria is read by our members.  My thought is that if we are concerned about peace and justice, then there is no better use of my time as to preventing the next war.  The Syrian people must decide the future of Syria, not outside NGO's and nations that persist in war after war under the umbrella of "responsibility to protect".  This concept has replaced the Nuremberg pronouncement that preemptive war is the most serious crime against humanity.

    Where is the anti-war pro peace movement in all of this?  For the most part, we were silent or even supportive during the run up and the launching  the war against Libya.

    Pepe Escobar has written another piece which sheds a little light on this complicated issue.  Please take the time to read this article.