Issue Points for Ald. Munoz's G8/NATO Ordinance

  • Sheila Rosenthal
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2012
    FYI> Sheila

    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    From: Don Washington <jorhanbear@...>
    Date: Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 3:25 AM
    Subject: Issue Points for Ald. Munoz's G8/NATO Ordinance
    To: midwest-anti-war@...

    Good People,

    Attached are issue points on an Ordinance that Ald. Rick Munoz will be
    introducing within the week. It will outline the following:
    1. Prevent the  CPD/City of Chicago from shutting down cell towers.
    2.  Prevent the  CPD/City of Chicago from selectively or completely
    blocking social media & websites.
    3.  Prevent the  CPD/City of Chicago from selectively blocking
    individuals from accessing internet/social media.
    4.  Prevent the  CPD/City of Chicago from "track-tracing" going
    through confiscated PDA's & phones & computers to locate others to
    subject to selective blocking of internet access.
    5.  Prevent the CPD/City of Chicago from engaging in preventive detention.
    6. Expand credentialing of independent media and citizen media by
    establishing a media committee composed of the reform caucus,  civil
    rights, human rights, social justice organizations and the Mayor's
    office to credential media sources.

    Please read the points and disseminate them as far and as wide as you
    can. The more people expect this coming the better the chance we will
    have of making it happen.

    --
    Is your cause a lost one? You've only to ask and he will rush to
    defend you with wit and audacity, with valor beyond mankind's normal