BPAC meeting: Jan. 15, 2007 ~ Help us defund the War in 2007!

  • Timothy Baer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2007
      You are invited to attend BPAC's monthly meeting and participate in our
      crucial work. Your involvement is needed.

      Note: The meeting has been postponed until JANUARY 15, 2007.

      We normally meet the first Monday of every month.

      *******

      BLOOMINGTON PEACE ACTION COALITION
      Monthly information sharing and organizing meeting

      Monday, January 15, 2007
      6:00 - 7:30 p.m.

      Monroe County Public Library, Room 1-A
      303 E. Kirkwood Ave.
      Bloomington, Indiana

      As we begin a new year, 2007, we see that much is needing our attention.
      3,000 dead Americans in Iraq! Over 57,000 Iraqi civilians killed!
      When will it end? We must make it end!

      This month's agenda includes:

      A. Organizing participation in Phase II of the national Declaration of Peace
      Campaign (Congressional Outreach and Nonviolent Action To End Funding for
      the U.S. War in Iraq and To Support a Comprehensive Plan for Peace: January
      - March 2007). http://www.declarationofpeace.org/

      B. Mandate for Peace and United For Peace and Justice�s January 27th "End
      the War" March in Washington D.C. and January 29th D.C. Lobby Day urging
      Congress to pass 'Out of Iraq' legislation and to block new war funding.
      http://www.unitedforpeace.org

      C. Considering work on a new �Bring Our Troops Home� Ballot Initiative for
      Indiana, like those that were higly successful in Wisconsin, Illinois, and
      Massachusetts.

      D. Developing a Town Hall Forum to bring together our communities and our
      new Congressional Representative to discuss Iraq and foreign policy.

      E. 'Truth in Recruiting' project to provide alternatives to military service
      and counter-recruiting materials in area high schools.

      Everyone is welcome and needed! Join us!

      Timothy Baer
      Organizer, Bloomington Peace Action Coalition
      http://www.BPAC.info
      Organizer, The Declaration of Peace
      http://www.declarationofpeace.org/
      (812) 988-1917