Re: [ipjn] Terre Haute Fast on CodePink Website - No coverage in local paper

  • Nick Egnatz
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 8, 2006
      Great job Cathy.  We also have had very little coverage in the newspapers this year.  We did get good coverage today for the Chicago Bush protest and our billboard on the Indiana Tollroad in Gary.  I tried to get local papers to pick up on the nationwide fasting led by Cindy, but so far no dice.
      Nick Egnatz

      Cathy McGuire <stopwaroniraq@...> wrote:
        We had our best demo ever.  7 people fasted on July 4th.  5 of them for 24 hours.  Altogether we had about 23 participants counting the 3 people from Maine and New Hampshire who joined us for our closing ceremony.

       Both tv stations covered us, but paper did not publish our PR announcing our fast and did not cover us on the 4th even though we were out there for 9 hours.  I did find out that there was only one reporter working on the 4th.  He told me he would have covered it had he known about it.  The assignment editor no longer seems to be our friend.  She did not pass it on to him.  I'm beginning to think word has come down from the chain powers to not run so much of our stuff.  They did a terrific job about Ann Wright's visit here, but nothing else since Dec. 2005.  Something's up.