RE: [ipjn] Questions on the Flag-waving

  • Wayne McCallister
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2011

      Frank,

      In regard to point #5.   5.  What is the impact of Bin Laden’s killing on the world?   Apparently, bin Laden had already become a bit player among terrorist networks --  almost a footnote to history.     His demise will probably have very little impact on the infrastructure of organizations that plan and carry out terrorism.   On the other hand, his dramatic killing by the U.S. will probably fuel greater animosity against us and aid those organizations spreading hatred and terrorism.”

      I think the Money Changers will most appreciate the Killing of bin Laden for it is sure to bring on more killing and more violence and more WAR and that means even greater Profits for them to Reap.

      To: ipjn@yahoogroups.com
      From: frank@...
      Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 15:20:31 -0400
      Subject: RE: [ipjn] Questions on the Flag-waving

      Dear all,

      I know I am preaching to the choir, but I could not help sharing these thoughts (below) that came to me this morning….

      Frank Rosenthal

      Some Questions on the “Flag-waving” in response Osama bin Laden’s Death

      1.      1. Why are people so proud that instead of being a nation of laws, we carry out so called “justice” by assassinations and bombings?

      2.      2. What does it prove that the most powerful and technologically advanced country in the world can find someone who was living almost openly in Pakistan for a year and kill him in a raid with Special Forces and combat helicopters backed up by war planes?

      3. Since our tragedy 10 years ago, we compounded it by extending death and destruction to hundreds of thousands (millions ?) world-wide.   Was it all for this?   If so, should we be ashamed of ourselves?

      4. After 9-11 almost the whole world was “on our side”.   Why did we squander their trust and support?   If we had not, and instead used our enormous resources to build positive relationships, could we have found bin Laden much sooner, and in the process created a safer, more secure world for all of us?

      5.  What is the impact of Bin Laden’s killing on the world?   Apparently, bin Laden had already become a bit player among terrorist networks --  almost a footnote to history.     His demise will probably have very little impact on the infrastructure of organizations that plan and carry out terrorism.   On the other hand, his dramatic killing by the U.S. will probably fuel greater animosity against us and aid those organizations spreading hatred and terrorism.

      6.  If we are so strong, righteous and brave, why were we so scared of taking bin Laden alive and bringing him to trial?   Why were we so afraid of his legacy and his followers that we had to dump him in the sea for fear that there would be a shrine to his death.   Doesn’t this show weakness and cowardice rather than bravery and character?