RE: [ipjn] Obama on Libya: George W. Bush 2.0

  • Jeff Matheus
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31, 2011
      > If anybody remembers Michael Moore's performance in 2008, harassing
      > Ralph Nader and other people who three years ago said then just what
      > you now say about Obama, then you can bet that he will suck up to
      > whoever the Democrats nominate in 2012.>

      Good point, Jack. I remember this as well, and I was a little disapointed in Moore at the time for for doing that (though I love his films). The article was from one of the Code Pink founders and not by Moore, though it was posted on his website - so I guess whether or not this means a change of heart from MM's past deference to the Democratic Party-line remains to be seen.

      JEFF
    • bbaldwin@indy.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2011

        All,

        I proppose that if, as is almost certain, Obama gets the Democratic nomination for President that we employ political judo, along the lines of "Yippies for Roudebush."  If you are old enough and lived in Indiana, you might remember psychodelic, pot smoking hippies supporting conservative Republican Congressman Richard Roudebush when he ran for U.S. Senate against Vance Hartke in 1970.

        Obama is counting on naive, gullible liberals voting for the lesser of evils, as usual.  Instead we should embrace the Republican "boogey man (or woman)," to throw our treacherous neo-con President off balance-- and deliver the one-two payback.  That is provided there isn't a viable progressive third party candidate to vote for (I'm still high from whatever I smoked back in the '70s).

        Defeating Obama, at all costs,  is the only way to hold the Democratic Party accountable.  Otherewise we effectively have no choice, and might as well not even bother voting.  Dancing the Goose Step with alternating Democratic and Republican partners is getting old.

        If anyone wants to help start a chapter of "Progressives for Sarah Palin," please get in touch.  Maybe we can get Governor Scott Walker and the Koch brothers to help with fundraising. :)