Fwd: Leonard Peltier Vigil Fri Nov 5 @ 11am, Federal Court House SW entrance of Meridian and Ohio

  • Carl Rising-Moore
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1 6:37 AM

    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    From: JoAnne Lingle <jalingle@...>
    Date: Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 2:44 PM
    Subject: Leonard Peltier Vigil Fri Nov 5 @ 11am, Federal Court House SW entrance of Meridian and Ohio
    To: Abby Deaton <aemdeaton@...>, Catherine Swanson <catherineswanson@...>, Jeff Matheus <jeffmatheus@...>, JoAnne Lingle <jalingle@...>, Andrew Mark <amark486@...>, Janet Wakefield <janetwake@...>
    Cc: Rene Hostetter <rhostetter@...>, Ryan Ahlgrim <ahlgrim.indy@...>, Carl Rising-Moore <carlrisingmoore@...>

     PLEASE FORWARD -

    On 05 November the United States will give an oral presentation on its human rights record to the Universal Periodic Review (UPR)

     Working Group in Geneva, Switzerland. This is an historic event and an opportunity for us to shine a light on human rights violations on the part of the U.S. government

     and the use of U.S. courts to quash dissent!

    Dear FMC P&J Friends,

    There will be a peaceful and respectful vigil this Friday, Nov. 5th at the Federal Court House, at the SW entrance of Meridian and Ohio - 11am - it is part of a world wide vigil.

    Carl Rising-Moore, a long-time dedicated peace activist is a friend of nonviolent struggle for peace with justice.

    Carl has organized this Friday's vigil for Leonard Peltier.  Many of you may know the story of Leonard Peltier - for those who don't, attached is background material sent to me by Carl.

    From Carl: "While we struggle for the rights and dignity of the tribes of Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan, we must never forget that all these wars are nothing but a continuation of the so called "Indian Wars" that all but decimated the First Nations of the Americas.

    These Native struggles continue even to this day in Peru, Ecuador, Guatemala, Canada, Mexico, the USA and many other nations throughout the Western Hemisphere and the World and many of these struggles can be traced back to the Manifest Destiny that started with the tribes of the USA and eventually went global in support of Pax Americana."

     - please join us at the vigil and bring others to show solidarity to the struggles of all indigenous people, especially for the Native peoples of the USA.

    See you on Friday!

    In Peace, Shalom, Salaam,
    JoAnne

    For more information, google whoisleonardpeltier.info

    --
    Carl Rising-Moore
    317-222-0201