RE: [ipjn] US Alliance-imposed Afghan Holocaust and Afghan Genocide

  • Joan Crist
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 12, 2010
      The claims in this article are shaky and key footnotes don't check out.  I agree with the conclusion (we should get out of Afghanistan) but this information is not reliable.
      joan

      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 12, 2010

        This was my concern as well, although I have not had time to look into it.

        Frank

        ***************************************

        Frank S. Rosenthal, Ph.D.

        Associate Professor of Occupational and Environmental

             Health  Sciences

        Purdue University School of Health Sciences

        550 Stadium Mall Dr.

        West Lafayette, IN 47907 USA

        tel: 765-494-0812, fax: 765-496-1377,

        e-mail: frank@...

        ***************************************

        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 12, 2010
          Thanks to Joan and Frank for pointing that out.  Another concern I had was why the author felt it necessary to call it an Afghan Holocaust and compare the numbers with the WWII Holocaust.
          JoAnne

          --
          Read a good novel lately?  check out my web: www.clarkgabrielfield.com
          order only from: fieldandserr@...

        • Reynaldo Hernandez
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 12, 2010
            It is apparent that "holocaust" is a color word, and does little to provide enlightenment.  Hard numbers, on the other hand, are harder to argue with, as long as their source is reliable, which I am not saying this site is or is not.

            We have to be careful not to get caught up in semantic arguments, and choose words that capture and communicate the reality effectively.  And we must engage in a process that will verify any relevant numbers to the satisfaction of all.  Sometimes you have to compromise around including both the highest and lowest and/or most common estimate.

            Reynaldo

            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 12, 2010

              JoAnne,

              This might help answer your question.

              http://www.nativeamericanembassy.net/Holocaust/AmericanHolocaust/

              NATIVE AMERICAN HOLOCAUST MUSEUM

              To: ipjn@yahoogroups.com
              From: jalingle@...
              Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 11:54:32 -0400

              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 13, 2010
                Regardless of the semantics, "holocaust" vs. "genocide," it still boils down to an inordinate amount of killing people who have caused us no harm. And this killing continues under the guise of "Enduring Freedom," or since September, "New Dawn." The American Press imply that the killing is justified and necessary, using code words such as "NATO" (we all know that it's esseentially the U.S.) and identifying the dead as  "insurgents." During Viet Nam, a favorite expression to identify casualties was  "If they're dead, they're Viet Cong."

                American taxpayers, be they democrats, republicans, or whatever political persuasion (or nonpolitical or apolitical) are paying for these killings, and sending their sons and daughters to die for...what?

                A recent piece by Australian Ghali Hassan, " U.S. Leading The Terror In Afghanistan" puts the issue in stark perspective, one which the majority of Americans may not want to hear. http://www.countercurrents.org/hassan120810.htm

                Some friends have advised me that I am "too harsh" on our government. I suggest that I have not been harsh enough. The time for the killing, in our name, must end!

                Dave

                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 13, 2010

                  You mentioned that some of your friends feel you are "too harsh" on our government.  I am likewise perplexed at all my friends and family members who are able to turn a blind eye to Obama's complicity in all this.  If George Bush or Dick Cheney were still running the show, they would have no problem condemning the actions of our goverment.  With Obama--it's always--"give him more time."

                  If indeed Obama is a creature of the CIA and New World Order, as Wayne Madsen, Webster Tarpley and others have suggested, they (the elites) certainly deserve credit for pulling off a masterful psyop.  Obama has single-handedly destroyed the peace movement and now is about to wipe out the "Weimar" Democrats just in time for the Tea Party to complete the fascist takeover that began on 9/11.

                  Of course Obama, who supports turning a blind eye to torture, rendition, and extra-judicial assassination, is the lesser of evils.